Squeeking clutch - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 04-16-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Squeeking clutch

Any one else have a problem with the clutch squeeking? I lubed everywhere I can see under the dash and it still squeeks. Going to take another look at it today before I take it in to the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-16-2008, 05:56 PM

Re: Squeeking clutch

I noticed that the first time I got in. I'm not to overly concerned about it though, I usually have the music turned up anyways. We've had ours alomst a year now and the squeek isn't as noticable (or I'm going deaf from having my music too loud :mrgreen: )
post #3 of 15 Old 04-17-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

I tried again to fix it but no luck. Its at the dealership now to get fixed. I noticed it was getting worse in the last couple of days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 AM

Garage

Keep us posted, I too have a small squeek.
It was there from new, I remember looking for it under the dash but I have grown accustomed to it I guess, it is probably still there if I think about it.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 15 Old 04-19-2008, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy
Any one else have a problem with the clutch squeeking? I lubed everywhere I can see under the dash and it still squeeks. Going to take another look at it today before I take it in to the dealer.
Took it to the dealership and got it fixed. There was a service bulletin put out in june 2007 about it (06-005-07). They lubed the clutch return spring. Funny how a vehicle made in 2008 still has the same problem as those made before the service bulletin.
On another note, I went to the local dealer and ordered mud flaps over a week ago. Still haven't heard from them. The dealer where I had the clutch fixed had them in stock and installed them for me.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM

Haven't had the squeak in my 2008 (1100miles only) but I have it in my other car (different make) and it annoys me so much. Is this something that may develop in my 2008? The car was built in early April of 2008.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

it started in mine after only a couple of days, so you may be alright.
post #8 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 02:59 PM

The squeak started and is very annoying now. It started with the occasional squeak and now it comes and goes. When it comes, it squeaks loudly enough that all your passengers know when you push the clutch in.

Has anyone on here resolved the problem? Btw, it started a minor squeak around 3000 miles and we have 4000 on it now.

I'll be making an appointment with the dealer shortly to have this looked at.

post #9 of 15 Old 09-13-2008, 02:31 AM

Garage

Still better than having an automatic stuck in park!

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #10 of 15 Old 09-13-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD
The squeak started and is very annoying now. It started with the occasional squeak and now it comes and goes. When it comes, it squeaks loudly enough that all your passengers know when you push the clutch in.

Has anyone on here resolved the problem? Btw, it started a minor squeak around 3000 miles and we have 4000 on it now.

I'll be making an appointment with the dealer shortly to have this looked at.
Take it to the dealer. They'll lube the clutch spring. Mine hasn't squeaked since I had that done.
post #11 of 15 Old 09-13-2008, 05:58 PM

Thanks Howdy, I was planning on doing this. Good to know that will solve it though

post #12 of 15 Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 PM

Mine has just started too. Well, for the first time in a long time, my wife and I had the radio off since we were just chatting - so we heard the squeaking. I had not yet bothered to shoot some WD40 on anything because if the radio is on, even just at low volume, you can't hear it right now.

If it's the return spring though, I'll just let the dealership do it.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightfall
Mine has just started too. Well, for the first time in a long time, my wife and I had the radio off since we were just chatting - so we heard the squeaking. I had not yet bothered to shoot some WD40 on anything because if the radio is on, even just at low volume, you can't hear it right now.

If it's the return spring though, I'll just let the dealership do it.
I tried the wd40 route and it never worked. Had to take it to the dealer.
post #14 of 15 Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM

Do you know where the return spring is located? Mine squeeks too and If I could avoid going to the dealership I would rather do that ha.

Cheers Eric

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #15 of 15 Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 PM

I had the samec problem with my 2007 sport. I took it to the dealer and they received a bulletin from Chrysler to lube the push rod in the clutch. It has been fine since it was done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in