problems with my car - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

problems with my car

So, about a month ago, My brother was driving our compass and got in an accident. We sent it in for repairs to this company that specialized in repairing cars after they had had accidents. We got the car back a week ago and it drove fine for the first two days. But in the last few days, this sound kept coming every time we hit a bump on the road. That stopped day before yesterday. We figured the car was fine, but it returned again today. Every time we turn the steering wheel completely to the left, it makes this sound as though something is breaking.

I am going to see the dealer and send the car in for an inspection in the next couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone out here could shed some light on what you think the problem could be.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2008, 10:49 PM

Re: problems with my car

That sounds like tie-rod/ suspension issue.

Not cool... I've heard so many horror stories from people about problems cropping up after getting into accidents with the vehicles.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

So I took it to my dealer for an inspection. It turns out it was a broken linkage on the right hand side. The service manager told me to come back the next day at 1:30pm. It would take 30 minutes and would be covered under my warranty. I showed up at around 1:20 pm. I waited around the dealership for 3 hours. I was out of there at 4:30pm. They kept promising me that my car would go in next, every half hour. Awful. But the car is fixed and running perfectly fine so far. (touch wood)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Another reason I don't like dealerships, they tend to try and make EVERYONE happy by saying what they think people want to hear. I would rather be told that they are backed up due to a problematic repair and it will take another 2-3 hrs than some BS that it's only going to be another 1/2 hr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in