why the 2.0 ltr optional engine? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

why the 2.0 ltr optional engine?

why does jeep usually only have the jeep compass's on the lot with the 2.0 optional engine. what is so much better with that engine than the bigger/faster 2.4 ltr engine? i would prefer the extra "umpf" but i cant find one to test drive! whats the deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM

Re: why the 2.0 ltr optional engine?

Not sure where you live, but in Ontario, the optional 2.0 engine has a government rebate of $1000. You get it a few months after you've bought the car. A few people look just for that alone, because it's just more money they get off the purchase really...
I have the compass with the 2.4, and i REALLY don't think the smaller engine cuts it. For a 4 cyl engine, that's also a decent size - you need that extra bit of power that the 2.4 L provides.
The 2.0L also has to work a little harder because it's a smaller engine pushing the same size car - so gas comsumption isn't all that much better.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by photecs
Not sure where you live, but in Ontario, the optional 2.0 engine has a government rebate of $1000. You get it a few months after you've bought the car. A few people look just for that alone, because it's just more money they get off the purchase really...
I have the compass with the 2.4, and i REALLY don't think the smaller engine cuts it. For a 4 cyl engine, that's also a decent size - you need that extra bit of power that the 2.4 L provides.
The 2.0L also has to work a little harder because it's a smaller engine pushing the same size car - so gas comsumption isn't all that much better.
ya when i test drove the auto transmission it seemed to be a little sluggish unless i used the auto stick. It was a 2.0 ltr engine and the ac was on. i know that the 2.4 adds extra torque and about 20 more horses but can you feel the difference? im in the usa and i havent heard of the 1000 rebate for the smaller engine. it doesnt seem like it would be enough anyway if i would be happier with the bigger engine right? :lol: btw thanks for replying photecs your the only one who has so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-21-2008, 06:11 PM

When we got our 07 last year they took the 2.0l off the options because the fuel milage was worse than the 2.4l. Also the pricing difference was neglegable.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photecs
Not sure where you live, but in Ontario, the optional 2.0 engine has a government rebate of $1000. You get it a few months after you've bought the car.
Actually, the Jeep Compass, 2.0 and 2.4L are on the ecoCanada list, but it's up to a 6-month waiting period to receive the $1000 rebate. I'm still waiting on mine. I had sent it in months ago now.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 PM

It's very, very,very long

Yes, i haved get my compass limited at end of june and post the demand immidiately. The confirmation just arriived last friday (29 august). On the letter, it's tell me my demand is received and the decision will take a few month.

I don't undestand why it's taking so long for the first letter and why it's so long for receive decision.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Hi

I'm a bad mouth. Yesterday i posted a message for comlaint about the long delay for receive the 1000 bucks rebates and today badabing i received the rebates after two months only.

I talk too fast.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-03-2008, 01:26 AM

I'm jealous, as it's been well over two months, and still waiting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in