a little more power? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

a little more power?

Hi!

i owned a wrx sti for 4 years, and after totalling it (not my fault, even though i rear ended the other driver), i decided to go with something with a little more room but that is not monstruous. the compass fits that perfectly, and with very good looks!

now, i am very familiar with how to get some more power out of a turbo car: aftermarket turbo and intercooler, intake, exhaust, etc.

but...not so much a natural intake car, specially one that isnt commonly modded.

my question is: what things can i do to get a little more power, say to put it above 200 horsepower (i have the 2.4L engine). i dont expect to mod it to the point it will beat an sti, but im just not crazy about having the floor it to go over every little hill.

oh, and please dont flame me =( im not even 100% sure if am going to do it yet, i am just wondering if anybody can point me in the direction i need to go in terms of parts.

thanks!

zar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-18-2011, 04:53 PM

Garage
Welcome! I was in the same boat about 3 months ago. After 3.5 years of owning a supercharged Civic Si I got the 2011 Jeep Compass. Face the facts - its a jeep compass not our sports sedan we're used to. The one thing I have noticed is that the jeep is really sensitive to change (some would say fragile). The jeep is over controlled by electronics to keep the fuel economy at a maximum. I've tried an intake but after that I'm done. Not worth my time or effort.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 PM

Garage
intake kit, and exhaust kit, those will put you around the 200 mark.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaruski View Post
Hi!

i owned a wrx sti for 4 years, and after totalling it (not my fault, even though i rear ended the other driver), i decided to go with something with a little more room but that is not monstruous. the compass fits that perfectly, and with very good looks!

now, i am very familiar with how to get some more power out of a turbo car: aftermarket turbo and intercooler, intake, exhaust, etc.

but...not so much a natural intake car, specially one that isnt commonly modded.

my question is: what things can i do to get a little more power, say to put it above 200 horsepower (i have the 2.4L engine). i dont expect to mod it to the point it will beat an sti, but im just not crazy about having the floor it to go over every little hill.

oh, and please dont flame me =( im not even 100% sure if am going to do it yet, i am just wondering if anybody can point me in the direction i need to go in terms of parts.

thanks!

zar

I feel ya man! I'm in the same boat. I owned a SRT4 for 6yrs and it had over 300HP. Now i've got this compass with only 170HP, and I'm looking into more power...just as you said at least over 200HP. I did a quick upgrade and dropped in a K&N filter and did notice a slight improvement. Good luck on your hunt.

May the ups and downs in life be in bed!

Livin the Dream!

I'm just a fruit loop in a cheerio world!

post #5 of 5 Old 08-21-2011, 01:51 PM

If you use the manual tiptronic type shifting you'll get more power. Your shifts will be at higher RPM's where the engine develops more power in the power curve. Gas millage will likely be affected by that I would think.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in