Jeep stalled...2.4L only 2,400 MILES! and... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 08-27-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Jeep stalled...2.4L only 2,400 MILES! and...

I was told by Jeep yesterday that since my Jeep has a 2.4L that they DON'T HAVE A FIX FOR IT! It's been in the shop for over a week and a half. They told me all it needs is an update, but the problem is that they don't have an update for the 2.4 L only the 2.0L engine. Now I have to wait until at least OCTOBER 8th to get my brand new Jeep Compass back. Can anyone please tell me what my options are? The Lemon Law in Alabama states if a dealership has a car for 30 calendar days it's considered a lemon...I loved the car. What should I do? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Call customer relations first and get a case number. You should be able to get a rental on them. Only thing is if you insurance doesn't cover it you'll end up with a per day rental insurance charge. But see what they say before you pursue legal avenues.

I can't imagine what they've done differently to create these stalling no start problems in 2011 I'm seeing here. Interesting ....

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tripplec; 08-27-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added sentence
post #3 of 8 Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I have a case number as of yesterday and they have been paying for the rent a car for a week and a half. I'm just in shock that I bought a brand new car and it's been in the shop longer then my other car which is 6 years old. The said the computer is idling so low that the car just shuts off when taking off from a stop. I have to make a car payment and put a tag on a car that I can't touch or drive for the next month! I just don't see how that's fair or right? I don't want to sue and I won't sue, I just want them to make this more then right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-28-2011, 08:02 PM

Clearly they know they have a problem in engineering. But its little comfort to new owner who expect their ride to perform like new as I did. After a year I finally got my CVT sorted out so I am sypathetic to your cause but why in a 2011 and not 2010's and earlier. You might want to ask the dealer to be aware of changes.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

OK so I called Chrysler Friday and the lady told me my car needed the update which wouldn't be available until Oct. 8th. Today they call my WIFE and tell her to pick up the car, that nothing was wrong with it. I drove the car when it died! I'm an educated honest man, why would I lie about something like this?
So now they won't return my calls. I have two small children and my wife who will be driving this car!!!! What can I do?? Please and thank you!
post #6 of 8 Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 PM

I feel for you having been down the same road with my 09 and my CVT.
you need to provide basic location info. Country is minimum.

LOL yeah once they close a case they won't allow calls to get paased to them you can only speak to the general rep. Back to the dealer or in this case another dealer is my first suggestion.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 8 Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

I live in Alabama, and even the dealership said they shouldn't give the car back! So if they are saying that I don't know what to do? They said the dealership is going to pay for the rental as of now...Thanks Jeep! All this because they don't want to pay my car note for a month! Thanks...I just want this to be done. I want a car the works and I want what I'm paying for! UGHHHHHH
post #8 of 8 Old 08-30-2011, 05:20 PM

Ok, well there are consumer protection organization for auto's expectially in the US. I am not sure but APA could be one. A case for dealer buy back. Insist on another vehicle if it was off the lot and not custom order you may be able to return it. Otherwise the sooner you contact the APA or similar organzations you'll get to a resollution worthy of your money. I am certain the money was not defective but what you exchanged it for was clearly poor value.

Don't take this the wrong way be venting on the forum will not get the problem resolved. Advice is the best you might get such as mine. There is an organization in Canada called CAMVAP which superceeds OEM decision via arbitration. You'll definitely have that their. Good luck but I would not wait too long. Make some calls and find out your non Chrylser options and proceedures and then tell you dealer you want to return this and get a different vehicle. If thats not an option they will abide by then indicate you'll have to take other action.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in