Question about Freedom Drive 2 Calibration in 2012 models - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question about Freedom Drive 2 Calibration in 2012 models

I saw this media report which highlights the changes in the 2012 compass.

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=11367&mid=4

What interests me is the new calibration to the FD2 in the 2012, Is this something that will be able to be replicated by a dealer in my 2011 North editition with FD2.

I am currently lucky if i can get close to 500 km per tank with its current calibration.

Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
New for 2012, the Jeep Compass sports three new exterior colors: True Blue Pearl Coat, Copperhead Pearl Coat and Rescue Green Pearl Coat. Calibration improvements to the available continuously- variable transmission II (CVT2) provide drivers with better launch acceleration, smoother deceleration when coasting from 25 miles per hour (mph), improved pedal responsiveness and reduced engine revolutions per minute (rpm) when accelerating at mid-throttle.
lol i bet you these "improvements" are all computers updates. so 400 km = 248.548 miles..i get about 300 mi. = 482.803 km per tank. There's barely any improvement in the gas mileage with the 2012s...
Quote:
The Jeep Compass’ 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a five-speed manual transaxle in front-wheel drive configuration delivers 23 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
Currently the 2011 gets 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway. lol one more MPG in the city.

Quote:
Compass features a standard 2.0-liter World Engine for the 2012 Jeep Compass Sport and Latitude models that provides 158 horsepower (117 kW) and 141 lb.-ft. (191 N•m) of torque coupled with the continuously-variable transmission (CVT2), and delivers excellent 23 mpg in the city, and 29 mpg on the highway when mated to the five-speed manual transmission.
This is the same as the 2011s.

next time your get an oil change ask your dealership is there any computer update they can apply to the car.

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
post #3 of 3 Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
You are most likely right about the update, I will ask next time.

I still wish the dealer explained the impact of FDII on fuel economy when I was shopping around.

I keep wishing that one day I will wake up and there will be a magic fix to the 20 mpg curse, If i had have known it was going to be so bad I might have looked at a Wrangler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in