Thermostat Stuck - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 01-13-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thermostat Stuck

First of all I want apologize if I am starting a thread that is already in existence. I searched for it but couldn't find it.
So the other day I got into my 2011 Jeep Compass and noted the temperature at 22 degrees F, didn't think much of it cause its winter and that isn't an usual temp. Then I had to double check it cause it was parked in the garage which shouldn't be 22F. After work I noted that it was still 22F when the sign down the street at the bank was 9F.
Is this a common occurrence for the temp to stick like that? In my previous SUV if it got too cold out or too hot it just showed the highest/lowest temp it could. Is there a way to reset it? All my other gauges seem to be functioning just fine.
Again if this is already an active thread please point me in the right direction and I will delete this thread.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-13-2012, 05:53 PM

I have to guess that you're talking about your in dash outside!!! temperature display and NOT the engine temperature and associated thermostat.

I have had the outside temp issues for a long time and serviced oh at least 8 times. Most likely a faulty TIPM but just take it to the dealer and tell them the issue. There is nothing you can do. When the get it working its not as accurate nor updates as frequently as other such systems. Pretty bad engineering considering the digital thermoter tech required a lot of time and parts went into mine to get it close and working most of the time. But only 75% right.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes I am sorry I mean the digital readout on my dash for the temperature outside. Well bummer that there isn't a manual reset you can do. I vaguely remember reading something regarding hitting the gas petal three times... this process somehow reset something...I know its vague that's why I started thread, get some more heads around it.
But if there is nothing I can do, I guess it will just have to do til I go in for something else to get serviced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-14-2012, 02:41 AM

Garage
Hitting the gas 3 times while turned off but the key in the” on” position will only reset your change oil message.

Live fast, no regrets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in