Horn not Working - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Horn not Working

Hi, my fiance owns a 2007 Jeep compass standard edition and her horn is no longer working. it no longer chirps when you engage/disengage the alarm or when you press on the horn. I checked the manual and can not seem to find which fuse the horn is connected to. Has anyone come across this issue before. Her model does not have the ELVIC on the dashboard.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggggel View Post
Hi, my fiance owns a 2007 Jeep compass standard edition and her horn is no longer working. it no longer chirps when you engage/disengage the alarm or when you press on the horn. I checked the manual and can not seem to find which fuse the horn is connected to. Has anyone come across this issue before. Her model does not have the ELVIC on the dashboard.
thanks
the horn is near of left front fender bolted on the front rail. When i got a problem on my caliber srt4 it's loosed bolt= bad ground = not working!
post #3 of 12 Old 02-04-2012, 04:17 PM

maybe check the fuse too.

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 PM

Realtune is right is right. Check if the horn is getting power before looking for circuit problems. Its an 07 and corrosion, bad ground could be the problems. When bulbs cease working it never the fuse either the bulb or socket failure.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-08-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Realtune is right is right. Check if the horn is getting power before looking for circuit problems. Its an 07 and corrosion, bad ground could be the problems. When bulbs cease working it never the fuse either the bulb or socket failure.

Well I've got the 2012 Compass and the horn works but it sounds like a fanny.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacus180 View Post
Well I've got the 2012 Compass and the horn works but it sounds like a fanny.
Ha ha that must be the new improved model. They changed a number of things in 2011 and I gather 2012. Some appears not to be for the better.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-12-2014, 02:08 AM

Garage
Similar issue

So this may not be an electrical problem, but my wife's car has a horn issue too. The horn works, but the only way that I can explain the noise is a puberty squeak. The horn sounds normal for about 3 seconds and then shoots up to the noise of a pubescent boy trying to sing a josh groban song. It's not so must a safety hazard as a huge strike to my pride when Im driving and get cut off.

So, it's probably an issue in the horn itself, but has anyone experienced this disgrace before? Is it possible to swap out the horn for something a bit more beastly?! Something that says GTFO perhaps?
post #8 of 12 Old 11-13-2014, 12:39 PM

As there is not other input here. You can replace existing horns with similar type. These are probably a virbrator type used for decades in cars. Dirt cheap design and some are useless to alert someone in a car moving with all the background noise.

You can mount a replacement pretty much anywhere but keeping the weather (rain/snow out) will have them last longer. The wreckers your best choice. If you're going for something drawing a lot of current. I would add a control relay then the TIPM only trips the relay on and all the current goes through the relay from the battery. You could power a dozen that way. LOL

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #9 of 12 Old 11-26-2015, 06:12 PM

Horn wont work

There have been a number of inquiries to this site asking which fuse is hooked into the horn; none of them actually state which fuse it is - is there a fuse which is hooked into the horn (yes or no); if yes, which one is it????
post #10 of 12 Old 11-26-2015, 06:17 PM

This may a duplicate post - one of the posts asked which fuse is hooked into the horn (2007 Compass) but no answer to it. My question is (a) is one of fuses hooked into the horn (yes / no) and (b) if yes, which one?
post #11 of 12 Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 PM

Battery Replaced Horn Not Working

So I had been having corrosion issues with my battery after an accident. My horn worked fine but now the battery is expensive and brand new and my horn doesn't work. Could the two be related?
post #12 of 12 Old 12-15-2015, 11:41 PM

Maybe, depends on what was damaged/repaired in the accident.You would need to do some inspection and testing as to what is causing the issue the you have a point to address to fix it.

As it is there is nothing to say.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Last edited by tripplec; 12-15-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in