My Jeep Compass Forum banner

headlight brightness

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  giantsnation 
#1 ·
Iam asking this to see if anyone has noticed this. Quick background before I ask the question.
One headlight is 9 months old amd the other I think is original.
I put in a set of white light bulbs from eBay.
I noticed that when looking at the lights when on that the old headlight shines whiter not brighter than the new one. So I swapped the bulbs to see if it was the headlight. That was not it, the old headlight shines white and the new one still looks somewhat yellowish, even though its a white light.

So my question is, whay could be causing this issue, relay?

#3 ·
Yes they both have blue tints and I have always bought bulbs off of eBay with no issue. Even after swapping sides the whiter light comes out of the older headlight, the other looks a little white but up against a wall there is a noticeable difference.

#4 ·
not sure, but you're throwing money away getting those types of bulbs. the ones with the bluish tint have a lower life span, and less light output. they snag people into buying them by labeling them as "HID quality" or something about the color of the light. at the end of the day they are of less quality than what you get in the stores, that's why they're a lot cheaper.

#5 ·
^I respect your opinion but this doesnt answer or help with my problem.
I was asking why the New headlight doesn't shine as bright/white as the older one even when I switch bulbs. Someone said my relay may be worn out (never really heard of one wearing out) and not enough power is getting to the lights and one is taking more power and that is why it is whiter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.