Fan on when using remote start - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By IRSmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 09-17-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Fan on when using remote start

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I'm about to explain - not looking for a fix, just curious.
Last week I started my Compass from my office with my remote start (duh!). I had some bags with me so I opened up one of the back doors first. As I was putting my bags in, I noticed that I heard blower fan noise - lots of it - and I saw that the rear defrost was on. I got my bags in, shut the door, and as soon as I opened the driver's door, it all shut off. I didn't have ANYTHING turned on from when I had previously shut the vehicle off. The fan was set to off!
I tried this whole scenario again the next day and the fan didn't turn on at all. Like I said, it's no big deal, but has anyone else experienced this?

2011 Jeep Compass
Latitude 4x4
2.4L, CVT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM

Garage
the air conditioning system analyzes the environment when you remote start the car. if it thinks it is "cold" out (i forget what the temp requirement is for "cold"), it will turn on the rear defroster and blast the front defroster on hot. it is trying to dethaw your car for you. if it's "hot" out, it blasts the air conditioner to cool down the car.

if you open any door EXCEPT the drivers door, it will continue this behavior. as soon as you open the driver's door, however, the climate controls revert to whatever you have them set to (which was OFF in your case). you normally don't notice this behavior because you, as the driver, rarely open a door other than the driver's door first.
Bruno likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-17-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Ahhhh! That would explain it! Thank you so much

2011 Jeep Compass
Latitude 4x4
2.4L, CVT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 PM

i remoted started today it was around 45 degrees and nothing came on for me, thats a 2012 jeep compass
post #5 of 5 Old 03-24-2015, 05:07 PM

Sounds like a Maine Jeep. 45 is perfect weather, why waste energy heating or cooling what doesn't need messing with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in