P035 fault code - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By jeepney_driver

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
P035 fault code

Hello friends! Yesterday I experienced a P035 trouble code in my compass. After about an hour trip I stopped by a supermarket to buy some food. When I got back to the car and tried to start it, the engine cranked and tried to run but with a lot of vibration and reluctance. It did run the second time I tried to start it but it would not go over 2500 rpm. The skid light was on and so was the check engine light. The alarm bell rang every 5 seconds. I was able to drive it home though but in limp mode. The car won't go fast. When I got home I hooked up my obdII scanner and that is how I found the fault code. The code says the crankshaft position sensor "circuit A" was at fault. Because of this a second pending code that says "random engine misfire" was also generated. Today I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and everything was ok. The part costs around $12.50 It was not difficult to replace but the hard part was looking for this sensor. The stupid mechanics at the dealership won't ell me where it was located. All they said was "Bring it in, we'll fix it for you" Yah for $400.00

I finally found it. It was located below the camshaft position sensor and partially obscured by a heat shield. Hard to see from the top but can be seen when the car is on a lift.
tripplec and wojeda like this.

Last edited by jeepney_driver; 04-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM

what year is your compass?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
My compass is 2007 and already has 175490 miles on it.
My maintenance plans will include changing the cvt fluid at 200k miles. (It was changed at around 115K miles or thereabouts) This was done in Nov 5, 2011 at a cost of $235 at the dealer

I will be replacing front and rear stabilizer bar bushings sometime in December of this year.

I changed the inner and outer tie rods in April 2013. The car is very quiet now.
I think I mentioned in one of my entries that I tuned-up the body and by that I looked for anything and everything that makes noise, rattles and vibrations and I employed techniques and materials to eliminate those noises. The result was wonderful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in