Headlamps on When unlocking - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 12-09-2009, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Headlamps on When unlocking

Is there anyway to turn off the Headlamp on function when hitting the button on the remote. I don't like this feature fell it just runs power out of the battery.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

I think you can .......check your owner's manual......if I remember correcly !!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-09-2009, 02:36 AM

I think you can only change the way the doors unlock with the fob, the beep when locking with the fob and you can turn the automatic lock-at-15-mph off, but the headlights will always come on. Don't worry too much about the battery, though. You'd probably have to unlock your car about 100 times in one day without actually starting up before you'd notice a difference. Rest assured that Daimler-Chrysler engineers considered your concern.

Owner of:
1991 Wrangler (YJ) since 09-09-1998;
1980 Honda CB750C since 11-25-2005;
2007 steel blue Compass Limited (MK) since 10-12-2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 PM

I agree with wizard, you'll be just fine. mine is the same way and i called the dealer and unless you have the Electronic Vehicle Information Center feature, youre stuck with how its set from factory.

Last edited by EvenFlow57; 01-08-2010 at 07:46 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 PM

Yes I had mine done at a dealer. You might be able to change some parameter if you have EVIC on the dash. I did not and did not like my light on for over a minute unnecessarily.

There are many timers so make sure they understand which ones to change or have them all turn to minium. In my case also if you unlocked with the remote to go in and then locked it again. It would stay on for quite some time. That is a specific timer as I found out.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #6 of 8 Old 11-26-2010, 07:58 AM

On some of the new BMW's, the headlights on when the car is unlocked at night? is there anyway to do this on a E46?
post #7 of 8 Old 11-26-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniedivers View Post
On some of the new BMW's, the headlights on when the car is unlocked at night? is there anyway to do this on a E46?
Yes the TIPM in the Compass controls this. It dealer programable. There are quite a few timer conditions few are user accessible unless you have the EVIC dash. I had my module changed in a repair and my headlights come on upon unlocking. Also if I lock, unlock and lock again they come one. When I got this Compass I had the timers all see to Zero but this is not too bad since its winter and dark the lights guide my wife to the car so I am leaving it.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #8 of 8 Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 AM

Garage
Headlights turning on when unlocking car.

Funny you guys complain about this. This feature was started by Volvo and is used as a selling point by their salesmen. It's supposed to be a safety feature. Oftentimes you have to park somewhere dark. You would want to see if there's someone lurking around ready to mug you in the dark. The illumination might help deter crime they are hoping. If only they installed a light sensor so that the headlights will only come on when its dark. That will be nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in