Passenger Side Airbag - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Passenger Side Airbag

For some odd reason the "passenger side airbag off" button lights up about 5 seconds after startup and doesn't turn off. Anyone hear of this before?

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Gus

Mine did the same thing every other start for about a week in July! I speculated that it was a low battery or other electrical issue, but then it stopped doing it and hasn't come on since; after the initial check at start up of course. Probably should have had it looked at, but as long as the driver air bag works....:P
post #3 of 6 Old 10-07-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheWoll View Post
For some odd reason the "passenger side airbag off" button lights up about 5 seconds after startup and doesn't turn off. Anyone hear of this before?
If ya got nothing in the passenger seat, i.e. baby seat, laptop bag.etc. something may be wrong. I know when i have my laptop on the seat there the light comes on because the weight sensor sees something lighter than an adult in the seat.

07 CompASS Sport 4x4 2.4 L.
215/65 R17 Tires
airbox baffler removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBeagle View Post
If ya got nothing in the passenger seat, i.e. baby seat, laptop bag.etc. something may be wrong. I know when i have my laptop on the seat there the light comes on because the weight sensor sees something lighter than an adult in the seat.
That's it exactly. I even tried putting various things in the passenger seat just to test it.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 6 Old 10-09-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, Thanks EagleBeagle! It only happens when I put my bookbag on the seat after school. I don't need to freak out anymore!

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-27-2010, 12:05 AM

Haven't seen that happen. On my way to work, I have my backpack on the passenger seat. It's pretty heavy, as I take a large thermos of coffee and a 24 oz diet mountain dew, along with a heavy book to read.

While my Compass is in the shop, we're driving a Chevy Impala Sedan, and that light goes on and activate the passenger air bag whenever there is weight in the passengers seat.(the air bag is off if the passenger seat is unoccupied)Also, it will alarm if the passenger doesn't have a seat belt on.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in