Low Beam Not Working, Not TIPM - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 07-30-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Low Beam Not Working, Not TIPM

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass. The passenger low beam is out. I replaced the bulb to no avail. I'm a novice with a multimeter, but I was able to tell that power from the low beam is not making its way to the headlamp harness. After looking online, I read that the TIPM is often the culprit and usually requires a reset. I took the jeep to the dealer, but they could not find any codes in the TIPM.
As a last resort, I spliced a wire from the driver's side low beam (which works) to the passenger's side low beam. I thought that would work for sure, but nope. The driver's side low beam still works fine, but the passenger's side is still out.

Any ideas for what to try next? I thought that maybe the ground wire on the passenger harness could be the culprit, but if that were the case, it seems like the high beam would be out too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-30-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Quick update: my workaround (splicing a wire from the driver low beam to the passenger low beam) actually worked. I just needed to clamp down harder on the quick splice connectors. That being said:

(1) Any ideas for what could preventing power from getting to the passenger low beam through its own wiring?

(2) If I keep my cheater wire running from the driver's side, should I install an inline fuse since there are now two low beams running on one low beam circuit? Or is the extra power draw minimal?
post #3 of 5 Old 07-31-2015, 03:43 PM

I don't have a Compass schematic but the left and right side headlamps have typically their own fuse and circuit. You are now doubling the current to power both headlamps and may blow the controlling components over time. There may be a fuse in the TIPM for headlights but the TIPM does do the control (off/On) function for pretty much everything.

If you metered the problem side. Power was missing you said then it may have a harness issue. If there is a ground problem your measuring from the lead to battery ground and harness or lamp ground should be almost identical.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-05-2018, 03:10 PM

Lightbulb Solution to TIPM headlight issue

I have a 2015 compass and what I found was that the electrical connector that connects the wires to the bottom of the TIPM was burned a little which cause a loose connection in the connector. You can order the connector through multiple sources but what you need to do is google dcc connector tools, figure out your make and model of car and then go to the module section of the list, its in alphabetical order... click on the parts and read the list of what connection goes through it.

for the left low beam you'll see the connector part in module - total integrated power 4, each connector has a list of items that run through it. I haven't installed yet, but I had it checked at a garage and they said that I needed to fix that part and hopefully it will solve my issue as they were able to get the part to work when wiggling the connection.

I ordered it from tasca parts part number 68030122AA they verify your VIN number for the part also ...hopefully this solves the issue of an annoying problem that should have been a simple fix. Car is only 3 years old and a headlight goes out and should be a simple swap and its a bunch of b.s.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-06-2018, 03:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolinwalt View Post
I have a 2007 Jeep Compass. The passenger low beam is out.
you don't have warranty ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jeep Compass Altitude 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in