TiPm issues. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

TiPm issues.

brake lights not working. one low beam not working , abs,traction control. is all going haywire. Dash looks like a christmas tree.

I was wondering if anyone has any clue what color is the wire that feeds power from the tipm to the pedal. and where is it on the back of the tipm. because i`ve ohmed it out and nothing matched. so instead of burning up a computer and everything else in the car i figured i`d ask here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-15-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

i found where the the output signal goes into the tipm and lights up the brake lights. i`m just not getting current at the pedal.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-15-2016, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

at the pedal meaning , at any of the wires on the connector. drk grn/wht is the output that goes into the tipm and lights up the lights. the "red wire is not there anywhere" . I havn`t been able to find the information i`m looking for anywhere. like, is it taboo to know how these cars work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-15-2016, 01:15 PM

I don't have TIPM pin outs but I did find info for mine at the local library where I can login with my computer and access Chilton Auto Manual for the Compass sections via the web browser. Its HTML but i save as to PDF with PDF app driver the interested areas for reference later. Its a poor manual be free and better than nothing.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-15-2016, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

could anyone check their wires under their dash at the brake switch and see which one has a constant 12v feed. ill run a jumper circuit to it and go from there .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in