2014 Jeep Compass latitude doesn't start or crank when keyed - Jeep Compass Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 07-07-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
 
2014 Jeep Compass latitude doesn't start or crank when keyed

My 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude doesn't start or crank when keyed in.
This happens mainly in the morning or the car is not used for long time or overnight.
When it happend for the first time it took it to a dealr and they said there is nor problem with Engine or the vechile and they updated the software. I didn't had the problem for about 6months, but after 6months it started again i took it to the other delar and they also said the same time and told me to use the spare key and see whether it repeats again and if it happens again they said Key has to be replaced. It worked for 2days and again it started giving the problem.

Please any body could advice me what would be the problem.
And i was going through the internet and found that replacing the key will not help, it might be a problem with Wire Less Control Module. I am not sure it is because of this or not. Any help would be appricated.
Sourabh chavan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 383
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourabh chavan View Post
My 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude doesn't start or crank when keyed in.
This happens mainly in the morning or the car is not used for long time or overnight.
When it happend for the first time it took it to a dealr and they said there is nor problem with Engine or the vechile and they updated the software. I didn't had the problem for about 6months, but after 6months it started again i took it to the other delar and they also said the same time and told me to use the spare key and see whether it repeats again and if it happens again they said Key has to be replaced. It worked for 2days and again it started giving the problem.

Please any body could advice me what would be the problem.
And i was going through the internet and found that replacing the key will not help, it might be a problem with Wire Less Control Module. I am not sure it is because of this or not. Any help would be appricated.
Hi Sourabh,

Did you let your dealership know that this happened again? I know you said you were told a new key fob might be the answer, but the dealership may be able to do some additional diagnostics for you since this did occur again.

Kori
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-09-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
 
Yes i have informed them that after using the spare key it's happening again.
Sourabh chavan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 07-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 383
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourabh chavan View Post
Yes i have informed them that after using the spare key it's happening again.
Please let me know if you'll be returning to have them diagnose further. We can have a case opened for you and have a specialist work with you while the vehicle is at the dealership.

Kori
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-10-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
 
Hi Kori,

I have made the appointment with Marina Chrysler, Dodge Jeep in webster for 14JULY2017 at 8:00 AM in the morning.
And thanks for looking into it.

Regards,
Sourabh
Sourabh chavan is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 383
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourabh chavan View Post
Hi Kori,

I have made the appointment with Marina Chrysler, Dodge Jeep in webster for 14JULY2017 at 8:00 AM in the morning.
And thanks for looking into it.

Regards,
Sourabh
Please send me a private message with your VIN and phone number, and I'll get a case started for you!

Kori
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-12-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
 
Hi Kori,

I am unable to send the Private message as it states that i should have 15 posts to send it.

Regards,
Sourabh
Sourabh chavan is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 06-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13
 
This is sometimes a fault in the starter motor, the brushes stick, remove starter motor clean brushes and armature and all should be well again. If you are stuck on the roadside or somewhere, give the starter motor a sharp knock a couple of times, that will free the brushes , it will at least get you away. Hope this helps.
allegro03 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome