ETC and Traction Control Warning - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

ETC and Traction Control Warning

I've ran into a problem recently where my 2007 Jeep Compass Sport has had the Electronic Throttle Control and Traction Control turn on every morning or if it sits for longer then 6 hours. This problem only began to happen 3 weeks ago when the temperature dropped and if I let the Compass warm up and then turn it off and on the lights go off and it drives fine. Most threads that I have read point to replacing the ETC but after doing so and taking the vehicle to have the codes "relearned" at my local Jeep dealership, the problem still persists. The old ETC had wear and tear that you would expect on it but it seems that it still isn't the issue.

The thing is that I believe it could be a sensor due to the fact that in the first minute of starting the Compass it runs and sounds fine, but as soon as that minute is up the throttle audibly revs up to 2500 RPMs and a slight vibration can be felt for a bit. Trying to drive it without waiting a good 10 minutes before restarting the Jeep has it limping at 15 mph with some spurts of acceleration here and there. Nothing else seems to be wrong outside of this hiccup in cold weather and again once the engine has warmed up all the warning lights shut off. I don't know how to troubleshoot this and my local dealer swears up and down that they fixed the problem on top of updating some other software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in