Airbag warning light on - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 02-18-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Airbag warning light on

Hi all!!

I wonder if anyone can give me a hand on this, I've been surfing the forum and the whole web without an answer, My Compass 10' has been with the airbag light on for almost a week and it beeps from time to time, it's making me crazy, I've followed some videos and posts that recommended to clean the connectors under the seats and yesterday I bought a contact cleaner and did that, but the problem remains, I'll buy an OBD2 scanner interface so I can check if there is an error code, does anyone know if the 15USD service manual offered on certified mastertech includes that kind of information? or have any other Advice?

thanks in advanced,

Camilo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

well, I bought the OBD2 scanner and there is no error code related to the airbag light, but I saw on other forum that the problem was the clockspring behind the driving wheel, it said that a test was to check if turning to one side would make the light appear and to the other disappear, and yes the behavior was like that, after doing that test several times the clockspring I guess totally broke and the light is now on all the time so IŽll change that part and see how it goes.

yesterday the CEL turned on with the "P0032 JEEP O2 Sensor 1/1 Heater Circuit High" code but I guess that is not related or is it?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-27-2018, 12:11 AM

P0032 is probably not related, no. Changing your clockspring assembly will likely do the trick for the airbag, just be very careful with that little bomb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-28-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
P0032 is probably not related, no. Changing your clockspring assembly will likely do the trick for the airbag, just be very careful with that little bomb!
perfect, I think iŽll take it to a repair shop as i donŽt have the tool to extract the driving wheel.

thanks for your feedback!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in