I need some help...I'm dumbfounded. I have a 2008 compass 2.4l manual trans. I was having some whining and grinding from my belts and pulleys so I have replaced upper & lower pulleys, tension pulley, belt and lastly I have replaced the stock 115amp alternator with a rebuilt Advance Auto Carquest 115 amp alternator. As soon as I buttoned everything up.. No more whining or grinding...but all the dash lights were on including the battery light, when checking engine bay seen the battery swelling.. I killed everything and disvonnected the battery cables. Is this the work of the "new" alternator overcharging or am I missing something? Please help..