P0440 Code - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 Old 03-09-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

No electricity to fuel vapor pump

I am new to the Compass platform so not really knowing where to start. I bought a ,13 Compass last August and it has been perfect. This last week the CEL has came on along with the GASCAP indicator. I replaced the gas cap and also the fuel vapor detection pump and cleared the codes. GASCAP indicator was still on and the Jeep dealer said it would take 10-15 drive cycles to reset it. After 2 days of reseting the CEL it has came back on with the same P0440 codes. I seen a video where the wire for the detection pump was corroded so I went and checked. I am not getting any flow to the connector. I'm kind of stuck. The place where we got it from we have a maintenance package and a extended warrenty for the powertrain. Not really wanting to spend a whole bunch of money but I am also not a whole too familiar with electrical on this car. I do apologize if this posted in the wrong section. Thank you for any advice in advance.

2013 Jeep Compass, Sport

Last edited by martonmicskei; 03-09-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Rewrite title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in