Wont shift into drive...help - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2009, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Wont shift into drive...help

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass and it all of a sudden will not shift into drive. the car turns on and runs fine, but will not shift into drive. i had to remove the cap on the right side of the shift panel to override the system. this is frustrating..please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-30-2009, 02:26 AM

It sounds like it needs to go to a shop for repair. I believe this is an electronic problem, and I hope that someone else here can help more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 7 Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM

Just wondering... What kind of cap on the right side of the shift panel did you remove?

Oh THAT cap....

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-14-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Gus

Had the same problem yesterday morning, didn't find out about the override until after I had taken the bus to work... found an article from our friends on the Patriot forum that pointed out the sensor for the break pedal being depressed before shifting runs through the brake lights, and sure enough when I got home and checked I had no brake lights, it suggested if I change the fuse for the brake lamps I will be able to shift out of park normally. I am going down this morning to try and locate the fuse to see if it's burnt out, and then change it, I'll let you know how it works out.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Gus

brake light relay, fuse #3 10 amp mini, and now my car shifts out of park! What is funny, or not so funny, is that my last Jeep a 93 Grand Cherokee for years flashed Rear lamp failure, when there was absolutely nothing wrong with my rear lamps, upgrade to an 07 Compass, the rear lamps fail, and I get absolutely no indication that that is the problem other than the car not shifting out of park!
post #6 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 PM

Garage
It's actually pretty sharp! It won't let you drive with faulty or blown fuse.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-02-2010, 02:01 AM

Well to each his own, but honestly, I think thats a poor way to regulate shifting. I would think the designers would make it based on whether or not the pedal is actually depressed, not whether the lights came on. Then again, they might not depend on each other, but they might share a fuse. Again, not exactly what i'd call a smart move, but at least the car doesn't suddenly accelerate through the garage door. Zing!

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in