Dash Air vents - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Red face Dash Air vents

My wife has a 2011 compass i noticed the other day that when you turn the ac / heat selector to blow air from the floor and dash vents, nothing comes out of the vents on the dash. the only way air comes out to the dash vents is when you select that setting. if you set it to floor some air comes out to the vents that would be used to defrost the windshield. I hope this makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 PM

When set to the floor there is always some air going to clear the windshield on mine and every car/truck I have. As for other settings the manufactor may change the options. Did you check the owners manual? They tell you in there where each setting directs the air on yours and in most cases if in between settings its not going to change. I have clicks at each dail position so I know its fulling in that position.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 AM

Garage
I'll have to check mine and let you know.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
When set to the floor there is always some air going to clear the windshield on mine and every car/truck I have. As for other settings the manufactor may change the options. Did you check the owners manual? They tell you in there where each setting directs the air on yours and in most cases if in between settings its not going to change. I have clicks at each dail position so I know its fulling in that position.

I have played around the dial put it between each setting reved up the engin so to build up vacume nothing I guess i'm going to take it into the stealership Thursday.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 AM

Garage
I tried mine today and air came out the floor and the dash vents had air also. The dash vents didn't seem to have much pressure though.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

post #6 of 9 Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Garage
Changing the air cabin filter will help for sure. If the filter hasnt been change for a while for sure is dirty and makes air difficult going thorough it.

Billy (wojeda)

Jeep Compass 2008, 2.4L VVT, 4x4, CVT II

Door Sill Guards Stainless Steel
Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
post #7 of 9 Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM

Garage
I believe there is a TSB for this. Bring it to the dealership.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM

The front vents get the maximum flow when the dial is on the upper vent knotched position and slightly less on the bi-level setting where some is directed to your feet. I use the Bi-level most of the time. by knotched I mean there is click at that point and any place in between is all wrong the doors are not in the correct positon although the air blowing has to go somewhere but not necessarily where its wanted or expected.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #9 of 9 Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 AM

Your not alone on issue, and no TSB.

Its not cabin air filter. It is a issue in the jeeps computer. Mines had parts of dash taken out for the last 2 weeks. I will be sending a letter to Chrysler if mine is not fixed by end of work day tomorrow. I have a video of mine as soon as I can upload it I will. Also when i went to video it, the HVAC system lost all power. finally came on when i changed the speed control.

Things the dealer has done to mine.

1. All day on phone with tech from star. No change and a book in things they have tested.
2. Re programed the jeep.
3. Replaced Head unit from one on lot. NO change.
4. Taking dash back out, for what I don't know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in