Engine Flush ??? Anti Freeze ??? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 02-14-2012, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Engine Flush ??? Anti Freeze ???

I have 2008 Compass Northern Edition coming up to 120,000 km's showing...I tend to lean on the theory " If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It ".. We've put all those miles on it right from the Showroom Floor. Being 4 yrs now and 4 Winters, Terrific Heater so nice and toasty on the coldest of days..Have never touched the Anti Freeze , the Question is should I have the System Flushed and New Anti Freeze put in this Spring ??? Just Asking, Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Enjoy Your Day / Do It Safely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 AM

Look at your owners book and if it meets the mileage or months then yes.

/// BMW 2006 330i - Sport,Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Manual Tranny
Jeep 2011 Compass Sport, Auto
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 AM

I have a 2007 Compass Limited with just over 75,000 miles. Today's Extended Life Coolant is typically good for 5 years and/or 100,000 miles. So now at 6 years, I decided to drain, flush and re-fill. I found a very poor design for the location and access of the Drain Plug on the bottom of the radiator. I feel sorry for the Engineer that Designed this as he's probably un-employed now. I feel worse for anyone who tries to remove and replace it. BUT....if you do....a "seated" drain plug has it's "tab" horizontal. To remove it, turn it counter-clockwise as you pull it out. Do NOT turn more than 180 degrees. To reinstall, put some lube (vasoline) on the o-ring and orient the drain plug with the right (front) edge of the tab down to about the 3:30 to 4:00 o'clock position and the left (rear) edge of the tab up to about the 9:30 to 10:00 o'clock position. Push in and again, ONLY turn 180 degrees to the right (clock-wise) as you push in. Good Luck.

2007 Compass Limited - All Options. 75,000 miles, purchased it new.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in