Still having problems - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Still having problems

Anyone,
I posted earlier about some problems I was having with my 2011 compass. That included a failure of the redundant controls on the steering wheel, a vibration in the hood, blue-tooth failure to operate, blue-tooth failure to disconnect, wind seepage from the dash area (took 3 times to fix that), and a stress fracture in the windshield. There is also the problem with the heater that the dealer has not been able to replicate because of their intermittent tendency. It blows air but won't get hot (that can be a real problem in upstate NY), it blows air out the mid and top level but not the bottom. When on combined areas it doesn't always blow out the bottom. It has a distinct vibration on initial start up occasionally. Seat heater does not always work.
All of these have been looked at and fixed to some degree except the intermittent electrical problems still plague me. This last week the passenger door somehow shifted and wasn't shutting correctly so the dealer had to adjust the door. It was repaired. Yesterday I pulled into a parking lot and the entire thing just shut down. All the lights on the dash lit up and the whole car just shut down. It started up again after a few seconds with the check engine light on. Took it to the dealer that afternoon and they said this morning they discovered the battery cable was loose. They replaced the cable and cleared the codes. They weren't specific about which codes. My question is one of operations. I've never known of a car that would quit if the battery was disconnected. The car is suppose to run on the charging system so that if the battery dies the car can still operate safely. The battery is for starting the car. Can a battery be disconnected and kill the car? Is it by design? I am still concerned that a bigger issue is at work here and am wondering about safety if it decides to quit while driving down the road at 65. Any help would be appreciated.
PT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Well check out the individuals who posted that theirs were stalling in a left turn. I don't know if they've go them fixed or why that year started doing it. That problem only surface after 2010 where the design changed. Today computerized vehicle won't run without clean DC power. I know my Grand Cherokee won't the computer goes crazy without a good charged battery.

I wonder how they did the pre inspection with those problems and let you take it.
Give thanks for the warranty.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in