a/c drain tube pluged ??? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
a/c drain tube pluged ???

HI gang .

Where abouts is the a/c drain tube located ? and what can i use to unplugg it ? Its a Balmy 96º and high humidity today , WHile running my a/c I made a right turn and got a nice ice cold splash of water on my foot , Not fun when in sandals LOL . also hte passenger side mat is soaked with water. I had also noticed in making Left turns the blower fan squealled a little SO im thinking the water was splashing up on it a little . HELP!! Its a 2010 Compass if that helps LOL ..

Side note I kept Yelling at north to stop peeing on me when I made right turns

~Jay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 PM

I'd be seeing the dealer on that. It shouldn't happen. Either its pinch under the firewall or blocked up top. You'll get mold etc if it doesn't dry out.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
I'd be seeing the dealer on that. It shouldn't happen. Either its pinch under the firewall or blocked up top. You'll get mold etc if it doesn't dry out.
well sadly Im sure thats not covered as part of the power train since my extended warranty only covers that, It just happen today maybe because it was so hot and humid out ?? It hasnt done it in the past when i ran the a/c just today

~Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
pull the carpet down that is above the gas and brake pedals, should have to pull it down about 6 inches and you fill find the ac drain, pm me if you need more help.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM

Garage
Was that the problem Northcompass? A plugged a/c drain? I noticed my front passenger carpet was wet today as well. I had a/c running at lowest setting for a couple hours today.

Thanks

2012 Compass Latitude(True Blue Pearl) 4X2, 2.4L

Loving it!
post #6 of 13 Old 06-24-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcompass View Post
well sadly Im sure thats not covered as part of the power train since my extended warranty only covers that, It just happen today maybe because it was so hot and humid out ?? It hasnt done it in the past when i ran the a/c just today
Point being it should not happen period. I still would take it to the dealer and complain to them. Chrysler should fix it.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 13 Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
pull the carpet down that is above the gas and brake pedals, should have to pull it down about 6 inches and you fill find the ac drain, pm me if you need more help.
Thanks, I was able to get the carpet up and inspect teh tube, doesnt appear to be plugged

~Jay
post #8 of 13 Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb's1st View Post
Was that the problem Northcompass? A plugged a/c drain? I noticed my front passenger carpet was wet today as well. I had a/c running at lowest setting for a couple hours today.

Thanks
no plugged tube, Only thing I can think of is the day it did it it was like 97º 95% humidty and I had it on Max A/c only thinking the drain couldnt keep up ? Ill know more the next few days as tomorrow it is suppose to be 100º and on friday 98º So ill be taking North as the a/c doesnt work in my other car, since it happened the first time I have ran the a/c since then and it hasnt done it but it hasnt been as hot or humid and not on full max a/c .

~Jay
post #9 of 13 Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Garage
We have had some high humidity here as well. I talked to the dealer where I got my Compass from. I was told that the a/c unit probably froze up, literally creating a block of ice on the unit. Wasn't running the fan at a high enough speed. He also said I shouldn't run the a/c on the coldest setting for a long period of time. His answer was keep an eye on it and see what happens. (Heard that before).

2012 Compass Latitude(True Blue Pearl) 4X2, 2.4L

Loving it!
post #10 of 13 Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Cold be if you're using recirulatioin/max cooling you'd want the fan at Medium to extract the cold. They can freeze up depending on the charge in the system.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #11 of 13 Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Cold be if you're using recirulatioin/max cooling you'd want the fan at Medium to extract the cold. They can freeze up depending on the charge in the system.
I think that is what happened, I ran it on max a/c today but not recirculating, and it was fine even with an air temp of 102º

~Jay
post #12 of 13 Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 PM

Good to hear. It should handle most situations without overflowing if designed properly.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #13 of 13 Old 07-05-2019, 07:56 PM

The drain hose is located as mentioned earlier, behind the gas pedal underneath the carpet. About a 1/2 inch diameter by 8 inch long hose. I just pulled the hose into the cabin and then pulled it off the a/c housing. The hose was slightly clogged. However, I then toke a 6 inch long Phillips head screw driver and gently poked it into the drain hole where the hose was connected and boom there was the problem. The clog was just inside the drain housing. About a half cup or so of water came gushing out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in