Sunroof Drainage Tubes Clogged, Water Inside - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 Old 03-15-2013, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Sunroof Drainage Tubes Clogged, Water Inside

So last Wed we had a bit of snow/rain and I get into my 2011 Compass and water comes pouring out of my interior roof/map light in the front.

I had an oil change scheduled on Saturday and took it down and the dealer cleaned out the one clogged tube (at a charge for labor to me) and said the other one was still clogged. I need to take it back soon one day when I can (inconveniently) drop it off for the whole day.

I'm pretty annoyed. They asked if I parked under trees. NO. My 2007 Compass with sunroof was parked in the woods all the time and never had a problem.

Since it is "dirt" they claim it's not a warranty issue. It leaked again yesterday from a heavy rain and now I've got water staining/damage on the padding between the drivers door and the roof on the inside. It'll probably be able to wash away but still. I'm concerned about damage and re-sell/trade-in value. And hopefully not mold.

I can be a little forgiving to the dealer, they didn't design it or build it, but this seems like a pretty crappy design flaw. This is my second new Compass directly from the dealer and at this point if things aren't fixed, I won't buy again. It's not even 2 years old.

Any suggestions on where to go from here, after getting it fixed? Who should I complain to at Jeep? Any way to prevent this problem from happening?

(Happy to see my account was still active from way back in the day)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in