ETC light - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 01-09-2010, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Gus

ETC light

their might already be a thread for this, i glanced through the subjects and didn't see anything.
I got a deal on an 07 compass because the mileage was high, so maybe this is a high mileage problem....
Twice now my Electronic Throttle Control light has come on, once after driving for 5 hours and just as I pulled into an Icy driveway, the second time was again on slippery surfaces in my own parking lot after driving for 10 minutes. The manual says if you see this light get service immediately... both times were when the ESP kicked in, and once the car was shut off and turned on again there was no sign of it, the occurrences were about 3 weeks apart. I'm going in shortly for my 30 day service and obviously I'm going to mention it. just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?
based on other posts I'll probably just need a new battery cause it's a drop in voltage causing the alarm? hopefully

Last edited by Feel for life; 01-09-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: I put your post in the right section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-18-2010, 02:20 PM

Dropped voltage may have something to do with it. I would also check the throttle position sensor.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Gus

Forgot to follow up with this one, oops, the mechanic that was working on the Saturday I went wasn't to experienced and explained it poorly, but it apparently had to do with an air intake that had come loose and the engine was just sucking air in from where ever it could get it, he re attached the hose and reset the sensor, and it hasn't happened since so that must have been it? just something about the way he explained it that didn't make much sense at the time, like even he thought it was completely unrelated. It's been a month now though and I have had no other issues with the Electronic Throttle Control
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 AM

Its possible that the engine was sucking in dirty air and was having trouble burning all of the fuel. That might set off that warning light, but im not sure.

Run from me if you want to live.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in