Widest wheel on a compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tripplec

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 02-22-2014, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Widest wheel on a compass

I'm going to be ordering my lift kit soon and I got a set of 16x8 Cragers I'm ordering with 235/70 16 tires, approx. 8.5 wide + 29 dia..

The rims I'm looking to buy have 4.500 Backspacing + 0MM Offset

I'm only concerned because I know the stock rim I have is 18x7 , so I don't wanna spend 1500 on all this to have my wheel/tire combo not work out

Anyone know of what if these would work? if not what I should I look for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 PM

Well you'd better lay aside a good pile of $$ to replace suspension parts since this will aggregate the wear out time. You be back under doing front end parts at least. Rear suspension is a lot harder to fix if you mess it up.

You might want to check the front tie rod ends (inner/outer) before going forward as well as the lower A arm ball joint (this is a very key weak part in the OEM parts). All before upgrading tires since a worn suspension will cause early tire wear the wrong way as well and you'll never get it wearing right again once the rubber is off unevenly.
zosofan likes this.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-23-2014, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

interesting, not really the answer to what I asked, basically I wanna know if 16x8 rims would work as in without rubbing, seeing how stock is only 7 inch wide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2014, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
With the proper backspacing, 16x8 will work, others on the Jeep Patriot forums have run 16x8 wheels.

As for wearing **** out. I ran 225/75/16 Load Range E (Heavy as hell tires) on my old 08 FDII patriot, and my 2012 FDII Compass, sure there might be additional wear but nothing I had to replace. I had my 08 for 4 years and 112000kms and about 60000 were with the big heavy tires.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #5 of 5 Old 04-05-2014, 04:54 PM

I don't know if the tires you ask about will fit, buy I personally would save that money to put towards changing the CVT WhEn it goes south.
My wife's just did, right at the 60,000 mile mark, DaMn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in