Rear window wiper arm rattle - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Rear window wiper arm rattle

This is probably a stupid question, but i dont know what to do. The rear window wiper arm rattles, not violently or anything, but it rattles when i go over the slightest bump. It seems like it needs to be tightened somehow. Hopefully someone else on her has had this problem. Hopefully its nothing serious like a shattered motor housing or anything. Anyone know what to do? thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 PM

Garage
Take it to a dealer or a local mechanic. You can SNAFU your rear glass if you over tighten the mountings. Any thing that goes through glass is not for the un schooled. Look up the diagram of how it's mounted prior to DIY.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

thank you very much. Do you have any idea what it might be?? What would you do if you were me? After reading what you said, im glad i asked the question here first before trying myself haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 AM

Something I would recommend is to check the tension of the spring that holds the wiper against the window. If its loose, you might experience what your talking about.

Run from me if you want to live.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #5 of 9 Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Actually, and I'm going to have to look this up, wasn't there a TSB on this, but let me see what I can find. And you're sure it's the wiper arm? Does anything feel loose upon inspection? Let me see if something like this is on my list of recalls/TSB's....

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 9 Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

thank you guys very much. I checked it and yes it is the wiper, not just the arm, but the whole assembly. Its the wiper all together. I dont know how to explain it. If you grab the whole wiper arm by the mount that goes through the window into the motor, it wiggles, almost as if there should be a rubber grommet of some sort around the cut in the window to keep it from wiggling. I apologize for my lack of knowledge about this and my crappy ability of describing it. Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated
post #7 of 9 Old 03-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Even said:
Quote:
I apologize for my lack of knowledge
Never apologize my friend this is the main reason of this forum.........friends helping friends.......... Glad we could help !!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 9 Old 03-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Garage
I looked through my TSB list and the only thing I could find was the license plate rattle. I didn't see anything that pertained to this problem.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #9 of 9 Old 03-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Yeah, I found the license plate rattle, too, and also the liftgate rattle (liftgate bushings), but, and I was going back on memory when I took mine in for the first service, I had 3 TSB's: ABS module, fuse box (engine bay), and seat track, and I am going to keep looking, because I really do want to say there was something out on the wiper linkage bushing not being tightened properly??? My curiosity is killing me now....but I'm gonna find it!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in