Problem starting - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 06-21-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Problem starting

My Gf has a jeep compass that she is leasing. I from vegas but i was living in texas for he last 2 years. when i moved back her jeep has been sitting for i dont know how long. she didnt drive it cause he step dad has an extra car and she was gonna go over her miles on her lease. but enough of that the battery was dead and like two of the tire are really low. so today i tried to jump start it and it wouldn't turn on all the electronics turned on but it wouldnt start. Also this code on the odemeter kept saying 9ate or gate. i also check the back cargo door and it was close. does anyone know anything bout this or coud help me out please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM

Garage
It's possible the battery is shot. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. I had my battery go dead, (electronics would come on but the vehicle wouldn't start). After a quick battery change it started and runs great. If you have another battery around you can try in it's place that would tell you if it's a battery or an electronics problem.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #3 of 15 Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey01 View Post
It's possible the battery is shot. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. I had my battery go dead, (electronics would come on but the vehicle wouldn't start). After a quick battery change it started and runs great. If you have another battery around you can try in it's place that would tell you if it's a battery or an electronics problem.
Yea i was just thinking the same thing i gonna tak the battery and have it tested at autozone right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

yea cause i was jumping it and everything turns on but it wont start and as soon as i take the jumper cables off everything is dead again. so yea i think its the battery f ing women she gonna be like now i have to buy a battr wtf. well maybe if you started the car once in a while u woudn't have too.lol
post #5 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 AM

If you have a charger you could put it on for an afternoon and see if it will hold a charge and boost it afterwards. That gate indicator is the rear door. the latch sensor must not be tripped for it to go off. Open it and give it a good hard closes.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
If you have a charger you could put it on for an afternoon and see if it will hold a charge and boost it afterwards. That gate indicator is the rear door. the latch sensor must not be tripped for it to go off. Open it and give it a good hard closes.
Yea i took it to autozone it didnt hold a charge its the battery. Ye i slammed the rear door it turned off. Now i need a new battery 70 buck
post #7 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM

Garage
Amazing how many words you can misspell using a Blackberry!
post #8 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron702c View Post
Yea i took it to autozone it didnt hold a charge its the battery. Ye i slammed the rear door it turned off. Now i need a new battery 70 buck
If the gate light becomes a problem the latch in the gate will need adjustment so that the switch within it is activated. But the dealer will have to fix it once the vehicle is returned from the lease anyway.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

no comment on the spelling thing........

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #10 of 15 Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
Amazing how many words you can misspell using a Blackberry!
I don't know, my Blackbery smartphone is pretty smart....it even thinks it knows what I am thinking or going to say next! The spelling, however, that's all me.

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #11 of 15 Old 06-24-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Yea sorry for the misspelling lol but yea the battery is shot now she has to pay 70bucks for a new one. If it's a least do you think they will say something if it doesn't have the orignial battery.
post #12 of 15 Old 06-24-2010, 03:41 PM

Garage
Generally they don't care as long as it works. I've never heard of them giving anyone trouble for changing the battery before.

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #13 of 15 Old 06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Although I've never leased a vehicle, I don't see where they would give you any problem over that.

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #14 of 15 Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Garage
My girlfriend leases all her vehicles. They only seem to care about scratches, windows and the interior.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 PM

it sounds like the battery is dead..ull probably need a new one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in