you wont believe this! part price gouging content (this effects all of us!) - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down you wont believe this! part price gouging content (this effects all of us!)

so my vehicle has a little over 130,000km my outer tierod ends were replaced under warranty. now it has come time to replace my inner tierods. i called up my friend that works for his uncle(small shop.) i told him i need to do the tierods on my vehicle. i get there and it was the endlinks(my fault for not clarifying.) so we got on the phone with his parts guy and you cant get the whole tierod or inners its a dealer thing. im like ahh ok im getting it at cost from them anyways. we call the dealer and guess what.....you cannot buy a full tierod, nor can you buy the inners. YOU HAVE TO BUY THE WHOLE STEERING RACK! SO AROUND $700 plus tax and im paying for it to be installed. if anyone knows anything as to where i can get full rods please msg me. i say we start a petition or something and send it to head office this should be 40-60 dollars for both parts. but they are making you buy a new rack

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-07-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

quick update i called georgetown chrysler with the part number smokey provided in the other thread. that part number is for the tie rod end bolt. i asked the parts guy if he knew if i could make it work somehow. he said OH there is a note in the system the inner is avaliable part # 68040224aa 40$ a piece. they are coming monday and i will be calling head office monday because if you ask me it sounds like they were trying to sell me the rack! my mechanic is also going to be calling.

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #3 of 11 Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM

So they are available then if I understand now. But difficult to locate in the parts breakdown the parts guy looks at.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-07-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

apparently they just became avaliable but there is a very very very limited supply.

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #5 of 11 Old 08-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Administrator

I was gonna say, that sounded kinda crazy, but basically like either someone wasn't taking the time to look or didn't know what they were looking for. That's just the opinion of someone who works in parts and sometimes a little research on their part goes a long way. Keep us posted on how you make out, sure hope it's the right parts on order, but I imagine with so many people having similar problems, availability could be an issue.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 11 Old 08-14-2010, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
I was gonna say, that sounded kinda crazy, but basically like either someone wasn't taking the time to look or didn't know what they were looking for. That's just the opinion of someone who works in parts and sometimes a little research on their part goes a long way. Keep us posted on how you make out, sure hope it's the right parts on order, but I imagine with so many people having similar problems, availability could be an issue.

- Cherokee
yeah but these are the same idiots that did the alignment on my car and the car was pulling right and the steering wheel was not even close to straight it was turned like 15 degrees to the right i went back complained and the guy was like ever hear of road crown!?!?! my dad was like you guys think my son is stupid....lol then i go to pick it up later that night and they loose my key... bunch of dummies at Georgetown Chrysler.

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #7 of 11 Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Garage
I have come to the conclusion that all dealership technicians are just a bunch of highly trained dummies!
post #8 of 11 Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
I have come to the conclusion that all dealership technicians are just a bunch of highly trained dummies!
i agree because i havent been to one dealer i have been satisfied with and i have been to

craig hind < they threatened to sue me... haha

Willison < they sold me the car and the sales guy lied about the car and mislead me then he gets fired 2 weeks after. they also refused to take the car back after i had problems in first day. tried to sell me a pickup at the same price yet it was 10000 more.. actually had the papers about to sign and i was like its 10 k more he says well not if you increase financing from 48 to 70 months the monthly payments are the same... idiots

georgetown.... cant do alignment and took forever with my car then this bs with parts

then toronto chrysler replacing control arm when it was fine when the endlinks were causing the noise.....

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #9 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Administrator

I've heard of road crown and yes, you're wheels will follow the curve in the road as will the steering wheel, but that's not what you're experiencing. Take it back, if it hasn't been corrected already and tell them to center the steering wheel, sounds like some shoddy work to me.

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #10 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
I've heard of road crown and yes, you're wheels will follow the curve in the road as will the steering wheel, but that's not what you're experiencing. Take it back, if it hasn't been corrected already and tell them to center the steering wheel, sounds like some shoddy work to me.

- Cherokee
this was along time ago lol

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #11 of 11 Old 08-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Administrator

LOL, ok then.

- Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in