Interior Light and Idle - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 09-02-2014, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Interior Light and Idle

Good evening everyone !
I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this should have been posted somewhere else.
Alright I have two things if like to ask.
I have a new 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude, absolutely love it (and tired of being told it's not a Jeep ! But I digress)
1. This is the first Jeep I've had. Came from a Nissan Sentra. Stupid question but in my Sentra when I took the key out of the ignition the interior lights would come on, safety feature I guess. This never happens with my Jeep. The lights come on when I open the door just fine but is that just something that Jeep doesn't do or can I just simply not figure this out ?
2. Does anyone else have a rattling noise when they are siting at lights or totally stopped in traffic ? I have an automatic and it sounds like when you have change rattling or a cd rattling in a glove box. I've checked everything and sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone else have this ? Thought I'd see if this is common or if I need to go back to the dealership to have it checked out.
So thanks for any help or input. Like I said I am in love with my Jeep, couldn't be happier to have one it's just a blast to drive !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls64 View Post
Good evening everyone !
I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this should have been posted somewhere else.
Alright I have two things if like to ask.
I have a new 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude, absolutely love it (and tired of being told it's not a Jeep ! But I digress)
1. This is the first Jeep I've had. Came from a Nissan Sentra. Stupid question but in my Sentra when I took the key out of the ignition the interior lights would come on, safety feature I guess. This never happens with my Jeep. The lights come on when I open the door just fine but is that just something that Jeep doesn't do or can I just simply not figure this out ?
2. Does anyone else have a rattling noise when they are siting at lights or totally stopped in traffic ? I have an automatic and it sounds like when you have change rattling or a cd rattling in a glove box. I've checked everything and sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone else have this ? Thought I'd see if this is common or if I need to go back to the dealership to have it checked out.
So thanks for any help or input. Like I said I am in love with my Jeep, couldn't be happier to have one it's just a blast to drive !
ok hi and hello i ot a 2014 as well and it is a real Jeep been proving People wron this hole time manly my twin bro who has a 05 Wrangler and the Thing about ur rattling noise clean ur hole Jeep out i mean everything and check and see if that help i had some Change fall where the arm rest is at and i had the rattling noise as well and that stoped it but it wont hurt to have it checked out cause it under warranty stil
post #3 of 3 Old 09-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls64 View Post
That's not something your vehicle is set up to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in