post #1 of 8 Old 06-17-2007, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

My THIRD Paint Chip!

Check it out in my latest blog entry, complete with photos:
http://www.myjeepcompass.com/blog/2007/ ... 10-months/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Garage
Same with my touchup paint! Doesn't look exactly like the car I have Jeep Green, but it only looks the same at one angle. All the other angles you can see 3 swipe marks like I took Nail Polish to it! I was so made.

Jeep Compass LIMITED 4x2 - Jeep Green
*Driver Package
*Security Package
*Boston Speaker Upgrade
*U-Connect Connectivity
*Sirius Sat. Radio
*Pin-Strip
*Wheel Locks
*Black Vent Visors
*LED Multi-Color Underglow
*Rallye Body Kit [Pending Installation]
post #3 of 8 Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Webmaster, if it were me, I would be hopping mad! Have you contacted Jeep to see what they might have to say about this? Perhaps if enough other people are having the same problem, something could get done about it. I really don't think anyone should have to touchup paint their car when it is still so new. That just doesn't seem right. I mean, if I hit a rock or scratch my car, then that is on me, but your problem doesn't seem to be from anything you are doing or not doing?!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Webmaster, if it were me, I would be hopping mad! Have you contacted Jeep to see what they might have to say about this? Perhaps if enough other people are having the same problem, something could get done about it. I really don't think anyone should have to touchup paint their car when it is still so new. That just doesn't seem right. I mean, if I hit a rock or scratch my car, then that is on me, but your problem doesn't seem to be from anything you ar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #5 of 8 Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Sorry about the double post. Didn't realize I had clicked that fast!

post #6 of 8 Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Re: My THIRD Paint Chip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Check it out in my latest blog entry, complete with photos:
http://www.myjeepcompass.com/blog/2007/ ... 10-months/
The paint chips should be covered under warranty - make the dealer fix them!

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #7 of 8 Old 09-23-2007, 12:53 AM

My paint hasn't quite chipped off yet, however on my front passenger door, underneath the handle, there is a part of the paint that is starting to protrude out in a star shape. As if something underneath the paint is coming up, and it is cracking the paint.

When i took my jeep to the dealer for an oil change, I asked them to look at the "star" and they told me that they would re-paint my door and that it is covered under my warranty (I purchased the compass in August 2006)

so now all i have to do is set up an appointment. Anyone else having any paint issues?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-23-2007, 09:19 PM

I just purchased a new 2008 Jeep Compass and I noticed that there is a bit of over spray in one of the seems. Basically it looks like a paint flap is coming out of it. Its hard to explain but ill try and take a picture of it and post it. Its small, maybe a centimeter in length.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in