07 Compass abs issue - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tyler-98-W68

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 09-13-2015, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

07 Compass abs issue

First post here. Thanks in advance. I have a 07 compass. Abs, traction an 4wd lights come on. Codes for RR wheel sensor (c1044). Wheel speed reads normal on abs sensor data Noticed in awd data wheel speed is measured in rpm. R rear will freeze up around 390 rpm. Code is uo415, implausible abs data Will reset when key is cycled. Ba speed sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-13-2015, 07:37 PM

Rust and corrosion is the primary reason for ABS sensor issues. Locate and clear any rust flakes or build up from the sensor. Don't scrape or use metal tools directly on the sensor its fragile.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-30-2015, 06:45 PM

08 Compass w/ Same issue

I have the same issue with both of the sensors in the rear on a 08 Compass Limited 4wd.

The problem is that the clip that is on the rear wheel bearing is completely rusted off. I was able to repair one side and reattach the sensor to the clip.

The left rear clip on the hub is completely gone. Only way I see is to replace the hub entirely but every single rear wheel hub I have come across online has the same review from consumers stating "the clip is not the exact size as the OEM hub and the sensor will not attach".

Has anyone else come across this before and/or did you find a rear wheel hub assembly that has the perfect fitted clip for the sensor?

Without this clip, ABS, Traction Control, 4WD and other functions will not work. Seems like this should have been recalled as I've seen many mechanics complaining about this issue but no one has an answer as to how to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-05-2015, 10:35 PM

It could be considered a safety issue. If so the issue will result in a recall if its deemed to be so. It needs to be reported to transport Canada however. Traction control engage when its not required can cause situation which can be unsafe since it modified various drive train activities and brakes which will malfunction.

REPORT IT !!!

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-06-2015, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Wheel speeds sensors wear out, as mentioned above, you can't issue a recall on a part that gets worn out. 2007 and 2008 vehicles were mentioned above. 7 and 8 years old. Things will start to fail. Sooner if you drive where a lot of road salt is used. Best thing to do is make sure you keep your vehicle clean and wash it often.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #6 of 10 Old 10-07-2015, 04:58 PM

Yeah but it's not the actual sensor that's worn out, it's the clip that is mounted on the wheel hub assembly that the sensor attaches to. That one clip will disable all of your safety control features which could result in a lawsuit. All because of a $1 part wearing out.

I've had an 04 Subaru that was recalled for a faulty control arm due to salt erosion so this should still be reported.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
You don't need ABS and traction control to keep control of a vehicle, what did people do prior to all those technologies? No need for a recall, yes something broke on your vehicle, its not a normal occurrence, no need to a recall. I"ve had these vehicles for 7 years (2 different ones) and haven't seen that issue,

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #8 of 10 Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 PM

Still worth reporting and good job owning one of these piece of garbage vehicles, you must be very proud.

And there's a reason why ABS is a standard safety feature because it DOES help prevent accidents. And so does traction control. How about turn yours off during a snow storm and let me know how that turns out.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusticMaster View Post
Still worth reporting and good job owning one of these piece of garbage vehicles, you must be very proud.

And there's a reason why ABS is a standard safety feature because it DOES help prevent accidents. And so does traction control. How about turn yours off during a snow storm and let me know how that turns out.
I actually run ESP full off in the winter time, so under 56kkms/h there is zero intervention by the traction control other than the Brake Lock Differentials, so you know how well it's gone? Just fine not had any issues smashing the vehicle up or otherwise. I can't think of a time when I actually drove with the traction control enabled, other than it automatically goes to partial off when going over 56kms/h.

I used to drive a RWD Town Car year round with no stability control in the winter, never had any issues. If you can't live without traction control or ABS you don't know how to drive. I routinely pull the ABS fuse in the TIPM and drive with zero electronic nannies looking after me.

I'm glad you think these vehicles are a piece of garbage, why don't you keep telling everyone on these forums how much of a piece of **** they are. There are many people who enjoy these vehicles and modify them and have very few issues.

I've heavily modified mine to the point where not much is stock anymore and beat the **** out of it offroad, and other than self inflicted offroad damage offroad I can't complain about the reliability. Yes some vehicles have more issues than others.

I'll be a proud owner of a Compass. I've got a 1 of a kind compass and mods no one else has or has ever attempted to, what can you say you've contributed to the forum with your whole 4 posts? I've only got 443 on here but over 2700 on Jeeppatriot.com

I know my **** you don't, plain and simple go troll somewhere else.
asakaze likes this.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #10 of 10 Old 03-31-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
I actually run ESP full off in the winter time, so under 56kkms/h there is zero intervention by the traction control other than the Brake Lock Differentials, so you know how well it's gone? Just fine not had any issues smashing the vehicle up or otherwise. I can't think of a time when I actually drove with the traction control enabled, other than it automatically goes to partial off when going over 56kms/h.

I used to drive a RWD Town Car year round with no stability control in the winter, never had any issues. If you can't live without traction control or ABS you don't know how to drive. I routinely pull the ABS fuse in the TIPM and drive with zero electronic nannies looking after me.

I'm glad you think these vehicles are a piece of garbage, why don't you keep telling everyone on these forums how much of a piece of **** they are. There are many people who enjoy these vehicles and modify them and have very few issues.

I've heavily modified mine to the point where not much is stock anymore and beat the **** out of it offroad, and other than self inflicted offroad damage offroad I can't complain about the reliability. Yes some vehicles have more issues than others.

I'll be a proud owner of a Compass. I've got a 1 of a kind compass and mods no one else has or has ever attempted to, what can you say you've contributed to the forum with your whole 4 posts? I've only got 443 on here but over 2700 on Jeeppatriot.com

I know my **** you don't, plain and simple go troll somewhere else.
I am not sure what all this rant has to do with fixing an abs issue ...?????

2007 Compass Sport 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in