Bubbling on Sticker Decal? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 06-28-2007, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Bubbling on Sticker Decal?

Hey everyone!

Finally got my Compass yesterday and I LOVE it, but........... I noticed the black sticker part on the side where the back door handles are, is bubbling in a couple spots. Has anyone else had this happen? I think I'm gonna bring it to the dealer to fix.

My Jeep Compass:
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 - Jeep Green, CVT, sunroof, driver & security pkg, boston acoustics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Garage
Congrats! Paint bubble??? Sorry to hear you have a concern and wait to hear the outcome. . I got the call Tuesday finally that she was in. They are doing the paint protection, rustproofing and Sherlock engraving now. I should have my Compass tomorrow(better have it tomorrow) Good luck and happy motoring.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 7 Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Garage
Yes. If you are talking about the black strip along the door. Not really paint, but Sticker bubble. I have the same problem. I really haven't taken the time to complain about it yet. It's next on my list when I have some free time.

Let me know what the dealer does about it, maybe I can suggest the same to mine.

Jeep Compass LIMITED 4x2 - Jeep Green
*Driver Package
*Security Package
*Boston Speaker Upgrade
*U-Connect Connectivity
*Sirius Sat. Radio
*Pin-Strip
*Wheel Locks
*Black Vent Visors
*LED Multi-Color Underglow
*Rallye Body Kit [Pending Installation]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-28-2007, 10:48 PM

That hasn't happened to mine. Since it's so new, I'm sure the dealer will fix it. You/they should be able to put a pinhole in the bubble and squeeze the air out. They're unlikely to actually replace the sticker.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 AM

Garage
Re: Bubbling on Sticker Decal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatenacci
Hey everyone!

Finally got my Compass yesterday and I LOVE it, but........... I noticed the black sticker part on the side where the back door handles are, is bubbling in a couple spots. Has anyone else had this happen? I think I'm gonna bring it to the dealer to fix.
Finally got my Compass yesterday and I LOVE it too . . . I remarked that I did not realize before that this was adhesivly covered and asked "what if it starts to bubble or lift off? answer was oh come right in and we'll fix it, had not had any complaints about it" . . . but I wonder about it's lasting years and years :

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #6 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Well congrats on finally getting your Compass too! I couldn't be happier with it.

I am concerned about the long term with that sticker thing though :S I didn't notice it was a sticker until I went to pick it up.

My dad said to poke a small hole in it too, not sure if that's a good idea, but it would save me a trip to the dealer. Any thoughts?

My Jeep Compass:
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 - Jeep Green, CVT, sunroof, driver & security pkg, boston acoustics
post #7 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Garage
Let the dealer do it, if you poke a hole then they could somehow blame it on you. Mine is a different situation of bubbling. Theres more of like a bubbled crease, so in order to fix it I would think it needs to be cut and then realigned.

Jeep Compass LIMITED 4x2 - Jeep Green
*Driver Package
*Security Package
*Boston Speaker Upgrade
*U-Connect Connectivity
*Sirius Sat. Radio
*Pin-Strip
*Wheel Locks
*Black Vent Visors
*LED Multi-Color Underglow
*Rallye Body Kit [Pending Installation]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in