P0137 not fixed by new Sensors? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 01-29-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
P0137 not fixed by new Sensors?

2007 Compass, 108k miles, up to date on services, just replaced the rods. Check engine light came up. I plugged in my diagnostic tool and read a P0137 code. I replaced both O2 sensors for good measure and that hasn't fixed the problem. The car runs just fine and has no noticeable issues. Fuel trim is 7%, so I'm not suspecting a leak, and the cars not stalling, so idk if a manifold plug is the problem. I want to keep repairs low because I gotta replace the tires too. Anyone else run into this? Got any ideas? Should I just take it to the dealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-29-2016, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A portion of the report.
Attached Images
File Type: png image_1454102892747.png (310.4 KB, 10 views)
post #3 of 9 Old 01-30-2016, 03:27 PM

By rods, I assume tie rods, and not connecting rods? Hard to see how tie rod replacement could generate an error code. If connecting rods (dang, at 100K?), a lot of parts/connectors would have had to been removed/replaced, and maybe one is not seated correctly?

Did you replace with factory sensors or aftermarket? I did find this:

cat converter..check engine light p0137 low circuit bank 1 sensor

Granted, not our car; but I have heard of problems with non-stock sensors in the past. Just a thought.

Could I ask you what scanner you are using? Looks like I'm going to need one of these soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-30-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So it was connecting rods. 100k. I'm obviously rethinking buying another jeep. The rods were the issue for passing safety, so they had to get replaced, but for emissions the O2 code was the issue. I took it to the jeep dealer and they told me what you did about after market O2 sensors having issues, so they "re-programmed my computer". Well I had to put some miles on it for a drive cycle so they could do the emissions. I had driven about 24 miles and the check engine light came back on. I'm waiting to hear what excuse the stealership has to say about what they missed in the "diagnostic" they supposedly did the first time and what they find this time. I'll update this post.

BTW the scanner tool I bought is this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N...kUL&ref=plSrch
post #5 of 9 Old 01-30-2016, 07:49 PM

What software are you using with the OBD dongle?
post #6 of 9 Old 01-30-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Torque App. The free version is good enough (if there is still a free version) but I bought the full version. The dongle only connects with android devices. I've found the tablet version is best, but phone works well too.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-31-2016, 03:57 AM

Double Dang!
The only time I have replaced rods (well, twice) was when they blew a hole through the block. But that was racing.
Not trying to get too far off topic, but what was the symptom of the rods failure? You mentioned "passing safety?".

When the reprogrammed, did they also replace the O2 sensors with factory parts?

Thanks for the link to the OBD2 as well.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-01-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmcbeth View Post
2007 Compass, 108k miles, up to date on services, just replaced the rods. Check engine light came up. I plugged in my diagnostic tool and read a P0137 code. I replaced both O2 sensors for good measure and that hasn't fixed the problem. The car runs just fine and has no noticeable issues. Fuel trim is 7%, so I'm not suspecting a leak, and the cars not stalling, so idk if a manifold plug is the problem. I want to keep repairs low because I gotta replace the tires too. Anyone else run into this? Got any ideas? Should I just take it to the dealership?

Hey Tmcbeth,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your Compass. I could not find any service bulletins that related to the DTC P0137. A brief description of the code, however, O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)- O2 Sensor 1/2 Circuit Low- Fuel and Air Metering and Auxiliary Controls 1.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-12-2016, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Idk about the rods. I'm pretty sure big-o was preying on the fact that I had to have the car pass safety that day. As for the O2 sensors, they left in the ones that I installed myself. The reprogrammed either the ECU or the PCM, (they treated me like an idiot and wouldn't explain anything in normal terms the whole way through) and about 30 miles later the check engine light came back on. I took it back and they did the exact same thing and it's been fine ever since. What really bugs me is that, apparently, I was too stupid for them to explain what work they performed on my car in any depth beyond "we reprogrammed it and it should be good to go now." I got the impression that they thought I was too ignorant or they wanted to keep me in the dark about what they actually did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in