ESP BAS issue - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 11-03-2016, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Angry ESP BAS issue

Hello folks,

Need some advice from you about an issue I have been having with the ESP in my Jeep Compass 2008. Basically, the ESP BAS light goes on sometimes, which tells me that something with it is failing, but the car and the brakes work as normal; but sometimes it goes off, and when that happens the car automatically slows down and causes a rattle when making a turn, even when I just have to change the lane on the road.

So, I took it to my mechanic, and he stated that I needed to change a couple of parts, the actuator (4884549AD) and the clockspring (56046533AF). So, I never found the second part number, but the guys at moparpartsdeals.com told me the actual part number for the clockspring was 68003217AE, which I bought along with the actuator.

Now, my mechanic says that the clockspring is missing the board with chips/transistors I show on the attached picture, and this board has some sort of rotation sensor that is failing and that causes the car to auto slow down. Now, he will not change the clockspring for it is lacking the green board.

On top of this, after some time, the 4WD and ABS lights also started to go on.

So, my questions are:
Should I keep trusting my mechanic on this one ? If so, is that green board sold separately ? what is the name of this card ?
If not, is anyone familiar with this issue and knows what might be the root cause ?

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Raul Eduardo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20160727-WA0011.jpg (45.7 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-03-2016, 12:32 PM

Don't know how it could have worked before with parts missing.

this is a dealer specialty IMO. One normally starts with the codes for these repairs. Failed clock springs are tied tightly as a safety item and often covered even after warranty because so much relies on it working including air bags.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in