Help fuel mileage 320 km on a full tank! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 02-23-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Help fuel mileage 320 km on a full tank!

Hello everyone Ive owned my 2013 compass since June 2015. After reading about the fuel efficiency on the compass I decided it was the suv for me, based on the expectations of 450 km city driving, and 500 to 550 km highway driving per full tank of gas. Off of my first tank I achieved 420km of a combination of 70% highway and 30% city, and it's been down hill ever since. I got the compass at 62000km and have put on 32000km. I've maintained my oil change schedule, I changed my spark plugs within a year of having the vechicle based on the dealer ships advice , and have replaced the air filter and cabin filter also. Pretty much for the last year and change I've been averaging 310 to 340 km per full tank.

When I'm filling up at Costco I've bumped into a few other compass owners and have asked how much mileage they get per tank, not one of them averaged under 450 km for mostly city driving, and the general consensus was that most got 500 to 550 km for a combination of city/highway. I recently went back to the dealership and they tried to lecture me on fuel efficient driving even though I told them I drive trucks for a living and have taking and have certificates for fuel efficient driving. There only other suggestion was that it could be a bad O2 sensor , but I would have to pay $150 to hook it up to the computer to check for that even tho I supposedly have 100k warranty on the vechicle . Anyways im very frustrated and let down with my compass hopefully some one here has some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2017, 04:50 PM

Do you have any CEL on? If there's no engine light on, the o2 sensor shouldn't be faulty. There's so many different things that could factor against fuel efficiency though so it's really hard to get in there.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-23-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
Do you have any CEL on? If there's no engine light on, the o2 sensor shouldn't be faulty. There's so many different things that could factor against fuel efficiency though so it's really hard to get in there.
No check engine light, the mechanic at the dealership even said that if it was the O2 the cel should be on so he was conflicted with his own suggestion of O2 issues also. My one friend said it could be a fuel leak but I haven't seen any spills and If it was that I would of expected it to deteriorate alot worse over the last 1.5 yrs. I just don't what to do at this point the cars becoming to expensive to drive at this point with Canadian gas prices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-29-2018, 11:00 AM

Sorry I just got my 2018 Compass and so far so good. How many miles do you have ? Also when was the last time a tune up was done? Check for any burnt out spark plugs. That might cause your poor fuel efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in