Filling the gas tank - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Filling the gas tank

So I think we may have found the issue with my compass. This last time (#4) it was in the shop for the check engine light I had explained that the most comon thing amoung each time the light has come on was when we filled the tank. I was told on service #3 the these two itmes 02 sensor and the gas tank had nothing to do with each other. This time they changed the carbin canister. So Far So Good! They are going to fill the take and put more miles on the car, but I hope this fixes it.

The one thing they stated that Chrylser told them was NOT to Top Off the Tank. When it clicks off, it is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2007, 06:51 AM

I always fill up my tank to the maximum possible.

The main reason I do this is because this tank is too small and I hate going to the gas station too often.

In fact, it is not uncommon for me to fill up much higher than the 51.1 liters they say this tank can hold.

My record regarding this so far is 54.8 liters total. This wasn't a very funny day however since I had to push my Compass up to the pump because I ran out of gas and it took me about half an hour to recuperate because I was totally exhausted.

I laugh at it today but this was a good test and I now know that I don't have any previous warning of the engine when I run out of gas, no hiccups or anything, it just stops and you can try to restart it a dozen time to try to use this little drop of remaining gas there might be in the tank to get you just a little farther but it won't start, not even once. Once it stops, that's it, just get out and push, hehehe.

RedVortex
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Oh my, but atleast you know how far you can go. :lol:

As it turns out this was not a fix to the problem either. I am being told that the code tells them there is a slow relay. The service manager explains to me that this means there could be a small leak somewhere and it may take several times before they can fix it.

To date they have:
1: Replaced 1 O2 Censer
2: Updated the Computer
3: Replaced the Manifold
4:Replaced the Carbon Canister
5: Replaced a Gasket and the Rear O2 Censer

They have it at the shop now and have driven it 150+ miles (this turn) to see if the light will come back on. We have requested that the vehicle be replaced, but you would have to read my "Customer Care" post for that story.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in