09 Jeep Compass Sport 4WD Bumpsteer - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 05-20-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

09 Jeep Compass Sport 4WD Bumpsteer

I have been noticing weird noises in my suspension ,and a very rough ride ever since I bought this vehicle. I thought oh it's just a Jeep.So, me and my Uncle who usually works on my cars replaced every stock suspension component that showed even a slight amount of slop. Monroe front quick struts,Moog front control arms, Moog rear upper, and lower control arms,rear stabilizer bars,and lateral arms. The front tie rod ends were good inner,and outer. The front sway bar links were replaced prior to me purchasing the vehicle a little over a year ago.The tires are Firestone F710's. After replacing these components I sent the jeep in to have a suspension inspection from a local mechanic. Then a 4 wheel alignment because the Jeep needed it after this much work,and when I hit bumps,potholes or road irregularities my steering jolts,or jitters left/right . Mechanic said suspension was good ,and aligned the vehicle. I have been driving the Jeep Compass for 2 weeks now,and the bumpsteer is still their. The car doesn't pull to the right,and stays straight if I let go of the road on nice smooth straight roads. However that pesky bump steer is still present,and annoying as ever. It's very frustrating because I want this car to not scare me over bumpy roads. I notice the jolt/jitter less at higher speeds,but I wonder if or when its going to throw me off course into a horrible situation. Any thoughts,or advice would be greatly accepted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-20-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention I called the Mechanic shop back yesterday,and the owner is going on a ride with me on Friday to try and understand what I am experiencing. Maybe vehicle needs another alignment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in