Visited the dealer today...not impressed - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Visited the dealer today...not impressed

I took my Compass into the dealer to have a couple of things looked at today. At -5 last week, water started to pour out of my dome light/sunroof controls with every corner I took on my way home, not just a couple of drips, more like a steady stream. So made an appointment with the dealer, their diagnosis, condensation from there being snow on the roof (hasn't been any snow on there for months). The advisor told me that condensation builds up in the roof and has to go somewhere, so it comes out that light, nothing to worry about. I think they took more time thinking up an excuse not to look at it then they did looking for the leak.

Also figured that I would ask them about my fuel mileage while it was in there. I brought them in the record of my mileage since I bought it. It showed an average consumption of 12.8L/100Km, it also showed MPG but based on a 3.78L Gallon (US). The tech obviously couldn't get past that point, because the service order just says that customer is converting wrong, and tank cannot hold as much fuel as log states. Again I have no idea why they became so fixated that that fact, the advisor saw that when I gave him the log, but didn't seem to have any problem with it. Besides since this is Canada, shouldn't we be working in L/100km

They were also supposed to fix some door trim that had come loose and is catching in the hinge, but 'forgot' to put it on the work order.

The only thing they got right was to wash it, and they did a crappy job of it.

I hope I get a satisfaction survey from Chrysler, because this was at a 5 Star dealership. I don't think I will take my car back there again.

(sorry for venting, I am just frustrated right now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 03:42 PM

Re: Visited the dealer today...not impressed

Your not the first that has mentioned the sunroof issues. We have a sunroof in ours and thankfully have not had any issues. I opened the slider to look at it the other day and there was very minor condensation built up on the glass but nothing that would cause water to stream into the interior. I think to get that amount of moisture there would have had to have been a substantial amount of leakage coming in around the seal.

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
Old 01-09-2008, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I am sure it was coming in from the seal somehow. The condensation thing, it total BS. But what can I really do. I guess I am stuck until spring, when it starts to rain again, and see what happens.

On a nice note, I put gas in it today, and it worked out to just over 10L/100km. So either it REALLY likes Shell gas, or the temperature rising to near freezing for a week greatly improved the mileage. I guess time will tell on that one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 08:22 PM

Garage

Big surprise, with so many people claiming leaking sunroof, water coming in through lights, that all dealers don't have a service bulletin concerning this.
Either a bad seal or most often pinched or blocked drainage.
One would imagine that by now all the dealers would not be familiar with this problem . . .
I am going by my dealer tomorrow and am going to inquire at the service department if they have many complaints. I am sure NOBODY in sales is aware of this, I am going to also ask my salesman as well, is seemed to be an honest fellow, (btw. they moved him into the used car department, I wonder what suggests in regards to his integrity?) . . lol.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Old 01-10-2008, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Well the dealer called me today to see how satisfied I was with my visit.

I told her the truth and she looked and the work order, and said it looks like we didn't do anything to it. So they say they are going to look into it and get back to me. But to be honest, I am not in a hurry to take it back to that dealer.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:23 PM

Thats the problem with most places. They want your business but they don't want to have to deal with any of the issues that might come up. I'm sick of hearing "It's not my department" or "You have to talk to someone else about that", "We don't handle those types of problems"

As far as I'm concerned, it's their product, it's their concern. If I've had the vechile for 10 years and the seal starts to leak, Ok I have to buy an new seal. If I got a stick in there while closing the sun roof, Ok my issue. But being that it's a brand new vechile there should not be these types of problems. Having water streaming out of the roof dome light is not a standard feature. If I want a water fall in my vechile, I'll play a DVD. It won't ruin the fabric that way. Don't hand me a load of crap thinking that I'm too stupid to realize any differently.

Sorry...my venting for the day.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Garage

Surprise, surprise, surprise . . .
The service department at my Dealer claims no signigicant leakage problems with Compass or Patriot sunroofs.
Wonder of wonders.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Well just an update for you all, it has now been almost 2 weeks since the dealer called and said they would look into it and call me back, and still no call.

They obviously don't care, and probably shouldn't be a 5 Star Dealer.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:35 PM

I would suggest talking to the service manager directly. I checked my sunroof the other day and everything looks good. No leaking, no condensation.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 PM

Hi Bender,

Me to i have buy my Compass at a 5 star dealer and the service is crapy from now. Tomorrow i am going there for my winsheild washer light that dont light at all and some squeeek noise form suspension or ? that i ear when rolling over small or big bumps. Can you tell me where you got your Jeep? It is in or near Montreal?

Thx.

Christian
Old 01-24-2008, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

I am two provinces to the west, so it will not be the same dealer.

Unless you are planning a road trip.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:15 AM

Jeeps are suppose to leak, duh!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtball
Jeeps are suppose to leak, duh!
Is that a standard feature or something you need to pay extra for :mrgreen:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in