Engine Jump While Accelerating - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BryGuy888

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Engine Jump While Accelerating

Hey guys, back again

The past few days I've noticed my Jeep has been acting a bit funny. What happens is when I go to accelerate from coasting a bit and press my gas pedal my car "jumps/jitters", it's hard to explain. The car simply jults forward. When i'm letting off the gas, I feel like the gears take over and slow down my car because I cant coast as long as before, almost like it's dropping gears itself.

I've been trying to read up on it and the only 3 things i can think of is fuel filter, drivetrain, or transmission. I have a 2.4L/CVT if that matters. :P. I'll be taking it to the dealer sometime this week so they can take a look. I wasnt sure if temperature would be a deal but since it started it's been 95+ outside.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-22-2011, 02:06 PM

I have had shuddering coming to slow stops and also if pulling away at a crawl for a long time. CVT issue and I bet its you CVT as well.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This is at all times, even when i'm going 40mph, if i coast and press the gas i get the jump/jerk feeling. I think I may try to do the fuel filter to see if that could be the issue, or I may just wait to see what the dealer says since it's still under warranty.
Just Me likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy888 View Post
This is at all times, even when i'm going 40mph, if i coast and press the gas i get the jump/jerk feeling. I think I may try to do the fuel filter to see if that could be the issue, or I may just wait to see what the dealer says since it's still under warranty.
Leave it for the dealer. Its not fuel filter issue.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I called my dealer, and I have an appt. tomorrow morning (i ran over a bolt the other day and blew a tire, thank god for a 5year/unlimited mile road hazard warranty). My good friend at the service desk believes it could be the ECM and that it needs to be updated (explained that it could be the result of previous rough idling to). I'll update everyone asap.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy888 View Post
I called my dealer, and I have an appt. tomorrow morning (i ran over a bolt the other day and blew a tire, thank god for a 5year/unlimited mile road hazard warranty). My good friend at the service desk believes it could be the ECM and that it needs to be updated (explained that it could be the result of previous rough idling to). I'll update everyone asap.
I doubt an update would fix it if its that noticeable now. They should have updated it when it was in last or before you got it which ever is most recent.
What year is this and miles on it?

Good luck, they'll fix it since its under warranty but whats causing it will likely show up when the put the computer on is and analyse the engine etc.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 7 Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
07' 4X4 Sport - 52k miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in