Water Leakage from Overhead Light Console - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Cool Water Leakage from Overhead Light Console

My '08 Jeep Compass 4x4 Sport is currently dripping water from the overhead light console, not a lot but at least a tablespoon, possibly a couple, onto the dash and electronics. You can see the water behind the plastic covering, the ceiling fabric is not wet and it does not appear to be leaking from the sunroof. The lights and sunroof controls still function. It just started this morning and I've only had the car a couple weeks, I bought it used with about 13K miles on it. We have rough winters here in SW PA and its been snowing a lot and raining yesterday and this is my first encounter with this problem. Any thoughts on what this might be? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-19-2009, 05:26 PM

my friend had this same problem. in my friends case, the sunroofs water seal was not completely adhered to the body, causing it to leak and somehow end up in the overhead console. the only way i know of fixing it is taking it to the dealer and telling them about it. Chrysler is aware of the problem so they should not give any hassle to the dealer about paying for it. my friends 2008 compass limited was in the shop a total of 3 times for this problem and they finally got it right the third time when they installed an entire new sunroof mechanism on it. good luck with yours! hopefully it all flows smoothly for you! sorry to here about the problem

Last edited by EvenFlow57; 02-19-2009 at 05:29 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 PM

I had this problem with my '07 Compass North. I was told it was the tubes that drain the water from the sunroof. Apparently they get clogged. They flushed them out about a year ago and (touch wood) the problem hasn't come back. I'm in Canada in a place that gets lots of snow and rain. Make sure when you get it fixed that the mechanic washes his hands before removing the lens from the light. The guy left grease stains on the fabric around the lens and I can't get it clean.

This is the last Chrysler product I'll buy. I've also been put off GM and Ford products, so this will probably be the last North American vehicle I purchase.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in