Snow Tires - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Bib

Garage
Snow Tires

I bit the bullet today and finally bought snow tires for my 2012 Compass Limited with all the options except Trail Rated. I searched around for the 215/55/18 size that were on it when I bought it but didn't like the prices. The dealer sent me out a flyer with the usual buy 3 get one free. So I chose to go there, to my surprise he recommended not to go with the 215/55/18's, but instead recommended 225/55/18 Cooper Basic, or even better he said to go with 235/50/18 Goodyear Ultra Performance 2. These surprisingly were the cheapest of the ones I had researched. They look great on my Compass. It's good to know the sizes available when searching for tires and not get stuck paying to much. No sign of any snow here yet, but there was one hill I tried with the stock all seasons and it was a no go, with the Snow Tires on it did it with go problem today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM

I just got the Goodyear Ultra Performance 2 and love them so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bib View Post
I bit the bullet today and finally bought snow tires for my 2012 Compass Limited with all the options except Trail Rated. I searched around for the 215/55/18 size that were on it when I bought it but didn't like the prices. The dealer sent me out a flyer with the usual buy 3 get one free. So I chose to go there, to my surprise he recommended not to go with the 215/55/18's, but instead recommended 225/55/18 Cooper Basic, or even better he said to go with 235/50/18 Goodyear Ultra Performance 2. These surprisingly were the cheapest tires of the ones I had researched. They look great on my Compass. It's good to know the sizes available when searching for tires and not get stuck paying to much. No sign of any snow here yet, but there was one hill I tried with the stock all seasons and it was a no go, with the Snow Tires on it did it with go problem today.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 PM

Garage
In the past I have ran GDT tires on my jeeps to replace blizac and I loved them really quite can be ran year round with out a lot of wear and give you the traction of studs. But they don't make them to fit my new compass yet. With winter around the corner I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for good A/T tires for the 2011 compass 215/60R17? A little noise doesn't bother me as the stock firestone affinity tire it came with are loud. 16 and 15 inch rims this is the sight I was buying my GDT's from Green Diamond Tire I've had 3 sets was running the A/T year round 50-60k per set

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in