what tires are you daily driver guys running? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 05-18-2013, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
what tires are you daily driver guys running?

so the factory tires are starting to hum and drive me nuts at 45k miles, so i'm thinking of replacing them before one of my other two cars needs repairs and i can't afford it. this is the closest thing i've ever had to a truck or SUV, i've always had cars that i've put summer or high performance tires on, never a truck/suv tire. what are you guys running? it gets driven 80 miles a day and is NOT an off-road machine, so something tame but capable in the snow is what i want. what size won't mess with the speedometer? i have 215/60/17 on it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-28-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
so the factory tires are starting to hum and drive me nuts at 45k miles, so i'm thinking of replacing them before one of my other two cars needs repairs and i can't afford it. this is the closest thing i've ever had to a truck or SUV, i've always had cars that i've put summer or high performance tires on, never a truck/suv tire. what are you guys running? it gets driven 80 miles a day and is NOT an off-road machine, so something tame but capable in the snow is what i want. what size won't mess with the speedometer? i have 215/60/17 on it now.
My tires used to be very quiet. I bought then new and replace the original Firestone's that were on it. They're no good in the winter anyway and were noisy. Now these tires are extremely noisy aparently due to cupping. I had the tire shop have a look and they said something must be wrong with the alignment which is the main cause. These vehicles have NOT alignment adjustments front or rear for Camber and I don't see any other adjustment points in the front either. I know my vehicle was like that when I got it but never new. Just thought its was the Firestone tires.

Get it checked out first before you buy and new ones. They'll wear bad quick enought and I am sure it will be a long time if they wear back to normal. My front end has a knock which is caused by a part in the top of the strut tower at the front so I will have to get that resolved first before engaging in an aligment which requires other parts installed to be able to make the changes to the front. If its the back its going to be real expensive. This is a horrible design and not addressed properly by Jeep. They new some strut parts were defective but would not change them unless they failed even if it was already out to replace it. The bad parts just got reinstalled if they still were ok. LOL Crappy warranty. Last jeep or any chyrsler product.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in