Tire Pressure Monitors - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 01-01-2014, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Tire Pressure Monitors

When you rotate the tires and wheels on your compass, isn't necessary to have the sending units re-set for the tire pressure monitoring? I know on a corvette you can't take remove the rear or front wheels and change sides of the car with them for that reason?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-01-2014, 05:20 AM

Should be ok. I saw my dealer rotate the tires on mine to isolate a road noise. Did nothing else and not issues with the TPMS indications.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Garage
Old-ish thread but...here's my scenario:

So, I've completed the infamous 2" Lift Kit by RRO and installed by aftermarket 17" rims for my 2014 Jeep Compass Limited with Cooper Discoverer 245/65/R17 tires.

Love it!

So I take my Jeep out for a drive to make sure there is no wobble. No, issues after I adjust the Upper Control Arms!

SWEET!!

Oh wait?! Am I out of gas??! NOPE! I got a flat?! NOPE! The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TMPS) is indicating there is an error in the system! Additionally, none of the tires are displaying their PSI and the dash cluster is displaying this symbol...

(!)

Oh...great...the 2014 Jeep Compass stock tires come with those special "TPMS Valve Stems".
F-That! I'm not deflating my stock rims in order to pull out those valve stems! Do you know how much WORK went into making sure the lift kit and tires look good?! There's no way I want to spend more time fixing the valve stems!
Can't I just throw money at tit and make this all go away?

Ok...maybe I can.

So, does anyone know of a way to delete/disable the TPM System?

NOTE:
Apparently I need the stock tires to pass a re-registration inspection as the Aftermarket tires will fail since they stick out passed the fenders...and need to re-enable the TPM System for US import in a few years...but out here where I am currently at TPMS is not a requirement for registration.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 02:11 PM

Electrical tape over the light or ignore it. I have TPMS but with out pressure displayed. Only a symbol pops up if a tire gets low.

I am surprised you weren't aware of it. Its a common consideration when getting winter tires on steelies to equip them or not for the winter.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 03:34 PM

Garage
Yeah...this is my first vehicle newer than 2002. So, I haven't come across this issue before. Also, sadly, electrical tape will not work for me since every time I start up I get the chime, indicator light, AND 8-bit diagram indicator notification (despite what menu setting it was set to before vehicle shut off).
post #6 of 8 Old 06-09-2015, 04:06 PM

The tire shop should have asked you if you wanted the sensors as well. Oh well there isn't any other solution but sensors have to be the right type to match your vehicle system.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 8 Old 06-10-2015, 06:28 AM

Garage
the sensors can be adjusted to read the tire presser of the new tires there is a tool almost any shop that dose tires can use to redo them it takes like 10 mins they did them on my 17" (stock) 235/75/17 khumo a/t2 tires
post #8 of 8 Old 06-10-2015, 01:33 PM

ok didn't know that. I asked the dealer once after getting mine and after looking up my Vin number said I had a specific sensor which would match if I changed rims. I guess this is the keep the TPMS systems sane when drive amongst other vehicles so equipped and not pickup their signals as well.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in