Suggestions for lifted Compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 02-20-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Suggestions for lifted Compass

Hey all,

Going to purchase the RRO lift kit soon for my 2011 Compass (trail rated, FDII). Wondering what rim/tire would "fit" best, and have good on and off road capability, along with puncture resistance.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I recently bought a lift (actually just came in the mail yesterday) I also have FDII, I have run 225/75/16 and 235/65/17 tires.

If you want an aggressive type offroad tire, 225/75/16 gives you lots of options, If you don't want to get new rims then you can go with 235/65/17 however there aren't as aggressive tires in that size.

Where abouts in Canada are you located?
post #3 of 11 Old 02-21-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Hey

Near the GTA. What kind of 16inch rim would you recommend? I need to pick up another set anyways, I prefer to keep winter and summer tires on separate rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
I recently bought a lift (actually just came in the mail yesterday) I also have FDII, I have run 225/75/16 and 235/65/17 tires.

If you want an aggressive type offroad tire, 225/75/16 gives you lots of options, If you don't want to get new rims then you can go with 235/65/17 however there aren't as aggressive tires in that size.

Where abouts in Canada are you located?

Regarding the 235/65/17 aggressive tread, check out the Kenda Klever ATs in that ratio. I just installed them on my 2012 Compass and they look pretty mean.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-21-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennotti View Post
Regarding the 235/65/17 aggressive tread, check out the Kenda Klever ATs in that ratio. I just installed them on my 2012 Compass and they look pretty mean.
I... Actually like that look... and I've used that brand on my bikes for quite a while now.. Didn't know they were in the auto market. So the question I have now- will that look good on a lifted compass, or will there be way too much space? (I guess an added bonus would be I'd never have to get the speedo adjusted between summer/winter tires). Also, will I have issues with rubbing at all?

Others please feel free to keep the suggestions coming in! I'm not completely sold yet!

Last edited by unlisted; 02-21-2014 at 04:09 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-21-2014, 05:35 PM

Garage
I think it will look good lifted, I plan to myself as well. It's the most similar looking tire i've found to the mickey thompsons they used on the Compass Canyon which is lifted with the RRO kit.

I have a slight rub at full left lock.

Here's the jeep compass canyon, should give you an idea of the 29s with the RRO kit.

post #7 of 11 Old 02-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

2012 FDII Jeep Compass non lifted

225/75/16 tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #8 of 11 Old 02-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Garage
getting my 29' KumhoRoad Venture AT KL78 235/65/R17 on Tuesday or wed with my lift done haven't updated my pic since my first one put it up soon
post #9 of 11 Old 02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Can't wait for the pics

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #10 of 11 Old 02-01-2015, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Well, you won't be seeing the lift. I traded in the compass months ago. Had it for a few months. Too many issues with it, and dismal (really, really horrible) fuel mileage.

Got into a new Crewcab 2014 Ram Laramie EcoDiesel just before the summer. Fuel consumption was immediately cut in half.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-01-2015, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Oh yes, I guess I should show some photos of the new ride

here is the build thread on another forum:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=185498

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in