Will these fit my 2016 Compass High Altitude? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Will these fit my 2016 Compass High Altitude?

New to the forums

Looking at these MB TKO wheels in a 15x7 and 0 offset. Link is below

I have been reading a lot of forums and it seems like these are a confirmed fit on older Compasses and Patriots. I contacted Discount Tire Direct thru their live chat and that person told me that they would NOT work!

Anyone know if the 2016 is different or if the High Altitude package would be why they said they won't fit? I would hate to spend the $$$ and them not work. I also plan on using 215/75r15 General Grabber AT2 tires so I will have zero rubbing, modding, or need a lift. Just want a more aggressive stance and more aggressive tires. I want to drop down to a 15 if possible for the weight and $$$ savings compared to 16 or 17s.

Thanks,

**EDIT... it won't let me do a link or pics because I haven't posted before....***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel_mbm_tko_black_matte_na_6_20_dp.jpg (112.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg general_GrabberAT2.jpg (77.2 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Garage
When you are talking to a counter person or whatever they are usually just quoting from their size charts. 15" won't be listed for a Compass and they will therefore tell you it won't fit. As far as I know there is no difference in the 2016 and these should fit. The only way to be totally sure is to take it to a shop and get them to test fit a rim on your vehicle.
zero offset, if you aren't familiar with the term, means that the wheel will sit out further from the vehicle compared to stock rims. Stock is 40 mm so zero means these will stick out 40 mm, or 1.6 inches. That's fine, assuming it is what you want. It is enough difference that the tires will tend to spray on to the sides of the vehicle unless you add some flares (stock mudflaps are positioned for the stock tire position).
15" with the correct 114.3 five bolt pattern and 67.1 mm or larger center bore will bolt up to the wheel hub, but the question is whether they will clear the brake calipers. To do that the wheel needs 14" inside diameter up to the bolting flange, plus the wheel spokes need to curve outward a bit. Wheel designs vary a lot and most 15" don't have the full clearance needed.
Going with 215/75/r15 tire size is a good move in terms of avoiding any rubbing problems. However it is a smaller tire, at approx stock tire height, and it is a little narrow for a 7" wide rim (sidewalls will look a bit pulled outward at the rim). Again that is ok, assuming it is what you want.
Personally I would say go to 235/75/r15s and do the pinch weld mod, or stay with 16" rims with a less aggressive offset.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-09-2017, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the reply.

I assumed as much about the "fitment chart." I just hoped someone with a newer Compass has tested a wheel like this and could say yes or no.

MB Chaos 5, MB TKO, and Level 8 Punch wheels are all confirmed fit in a 15x7 offset 0 on the Patriot forums, but I had only seen them on Pats and Compasses up to 2014.

My OEM wheels are a 17x7 with 225/60/17 Kuhmo and they do not look pulled in. Most have 215/60/17 as stock size. 225mm is 8.9" wide. 215mm is still 8.5" wide. I may look into a 225/70/15 to keep the width the same, but will lose .2" of overall height compared to my current tires.

I originally was going to do the RRO lift, pinch weld mod, and 235/75/15's. I ended up talking myself out of it. After all, this is just my DD and if I wanna go play I will use my JK Wrangler.

2016 Jeep Compass High Altitude

2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU (aka Smurfette)

2007 Jeep Wrangler JK (aka Cash)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Chanley Jr View Post
New to the forums

Looking at these MB TKO wheels in a 15x7 and 0 offset. Link is below

I have been reading a lot of forums and it seems like these are a confirmed fit on older Compasses and Patriots. I contacted Discount Tire Direct thru their live chat and that person told me that they would NOT work!

Anyone know if the 2016 is different or if the High Altitude package would be why they said they won't fit? I would hate to spend the $$$ and them not work. I also plan on using 215/75r15 General Grabber AT2 tires so I will have zero rubbing, modding, or need a lift. Just want a more aggressive stance and more aggressive tires. I want to drop down to a 15 if possible for the weight and $$$ savings compared to 16 or 17s.

Thanks,

**EDIT... it won't let me do a link or pics because I haven't posted before....***
Those wheels will fit 100% no issues at all! you could even go 225/75/15 with no rubbing either
I ran MB Chaos 5 wheels with 235/75/15 tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #5 of 9 Old 10-10-2017, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Here is a whole bunch of pictures =)

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #6 of 9 Old 10-10-2017, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I love your Compass Tyler! Honestly.... seeing yours when I first started looking into wheels options is what made me want to do it even more.

Have you had any issues or alignment problems from your RRO lift? Have read several people complain about a shimmy when taking off with the wheels turned, the vehicle not wanting to stay aligned, and the adjustable upper control arms seizing up.

post #7 of 9 Old 10-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't have it anymore, however I had alignment issues, I did get adjustable toe links (which were basically one off) and that did fix my alignment, but I also had to enlarge the bolt holes on the lower control arms, and then weld the bolts back in to place...........not an ideal setup, I did run through 2 sets of upper control arms as the RRO ones seized up.

As for the shimmy, I had that exact problem once i was lifted and it never went away it was just something I lived with. Depending on your expected use if you get some larger tires and skid plates that might be enough and you could avoid lifting if you didn't want the hassle. Not everyone has problems, i was just super hard on my compass lots of other have had significantly less problem than I did with lifts

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #8 of 9 Old 10-10-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
As many miles as I drive, it sounds like staying stock height would be my best bet.

I am mainly just wanting the wheels and tires for a meatier look and better snow traction. The OEM Kuhmo Solus KL21s are not the greatest in snow.

LOVE your mall crawler sticker btw. ??

post #9 of 9 Old 10-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yup, I got looks everywhere I went with my Compass offroad, it really is more suited to being a mall crawler so thats why i got the stickers, got lots of looks offroad

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in