Help buying Tires 2015 Compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Help buying Tires 2015 Compass

Hey Guys,

I've got a 2015 Jeep Compass Sport 2.4L engine 4x4 and my baby needs new tires! I live up in NH so lots of snow, ice , mud and potholes (I love hitting the mountains). I've decided I want some good all seasons. She's currently riding in a 225/60R17 - is that a good size? Should I use a different size? I want her to look more "Jeep" and beefy but not compromise safety thanks to our snow up here - do I go for a 235/60R17 or 235/50R17? I'm clueless....

And part two - WHICH TIRES??? I don't know much about tires I was totally going the costco route for tires so I've got:
  1. BFGoodrich - Advantage T/A Sport
  2. Bridgestone - Turanza EL400-02
  3. Bridgestone - Ecopia EP422 PLUS
  4. Michelin - Premier LTX
  5. Michelin - X Tour A/S T + H
  6. Michelin - Premier A/S
  7. BFGoodrich - g-Force COMP-2 A/S
  8. Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Last edited by Seema Samawi; 02-20-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM

Personally I would likely go with 225/65/17s. That's about an inch taller but not big enough to cause any clearance issues. You would need to be more specific about what you want from the tires if you want more advice - do you care most about fuel economy, or tread life, or ride et cetera. The tires you've listed are more towards the 'sporty' side.
assuming one set of all seasons to use all year round, on stock rims, I'd consider Continental True Contacts. They are just good tires in all respects. If you have stock tires such as Kumho KL21's the True Contacts will be better in terms of ride comfort, fuel economy, tread noise, and handling, and will be a large improvement in wet and snow conditions.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Honestly, as far as my tires go, I just want something that will be comfy and have good fuel economy but handle driving down the windy snowy roads for 3 hours at a time in winter. In summer I'll likely do some offroading but nothing too fast or crazy..What does a sporty tire do?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in