2018 Trail Hawk Spare Tire area - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

2018 Trail Hawk Spare Tire area

Hello everyone just picked a 2018 Compass Trail Hawk awesome and real please so far.

I am getting a great deal on new tires Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 215/65R17 and an extra wheel original that comes with Trail Hawk 17 " inch wheel with same WildPeak tire.

Wanted to know if it will fit in spare tire are once I remove the spare that came with the car.

Can anyone confirm it should be as easy to pull factory spare and place original 17 inch wheel and WildPeak tire in its place?

Has anybody done the extra room tweak or fix by flipping tire upside down?

Let me know.

Happy Labor's Day!

Thanks

Stew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 06:14 PM

Yes full size spare fits in there just fine. In the case of ours with the factory towing package it came with a full-size-full-life spare on a 17" steel rim, the jack and its accoutrements live in that space under the spare so nothing to gain from flipping it in my case as the space is used. Your situation may be different I don't know what you got with yours, some come with no spare at all, some have a temporary use donut spare, some have a full-size-full-life spare. If you didn't already, you will have to put the floor piece at its highest setting is the only difference.

I bought a set of 17" trailhawk rims and factory tires from a member here to switch over to for a couple years (the continentals on our 18" stock rims are getting pretty wore down for handling a Minnesota winter). I bought a good condition used wildpeak to match and had it installed on our 17" steel rim so they can all be exact matches if I have to use the spare. It fits in the same spot just as easily as before, even though the wildpeak is taller than the original tires on our non-trailhawk. You could easily fit a 30" tire in that space by the looks of it.

Have fun!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2019, 06:59 PM

Yeah it should fit. otherwise where will you put the tire if you fix a flat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in